San Diego vs. Vancouver: Game Preview
The San Diego Seals look for the season sweep over the Vancouver Warriors when the team heads to Rogers Arena on Friday night for the season-series finale with the West Division rival at 7:30 PM PT.
"They always play us tough," said general manager and head coach Patrick Merrill. "It's never easy going into their building. Every win we've gotten in their arena has been a tight one, coming down to the last whistle. We need to be prepared in all aspects of the game, as it's a huge game in our division. We have some good momentum moving forward, but we can't let up the gas now."
San Diego rides a three-game win streak heading into the weekend, and has now won five of their last six matchups. The team has outscored opponents 86-59 during the six-game stretch, complimented by a 76% success rate on the power play. The Seals look to continue their push towards the playoffs with a crucial road win on Friday night.
"We have to take it one week at a time," continued Merrill. "There's going to be a lot on the line for the last six games of the season, but I think we're prepared. After dealing with some early adversity, we're finding our groove and chemistry. I'm excited for this weekend in Vancouver."
The last time these two teams met, Seals forward Casey Jackson sparked a franchise-high 10-goal run to secure the comeback and the win. All-time, the Seals boast a 4-1 record against the Warriors, including an overtime victory that came this season on December 29 at Rogers Arena. This will be the third and final matchup between the two clubs for the 2019-20 regular season.
"We know the importance of every game," finished Merrill. "We had a short week, so our messaging has been about recovery and preparation. Over our short tenure, we've played Vancouver a lot and we know what we're getting into on Friday night. If we have a full effort from every player, for the full 60-minutes, we'll get the job done."
Fans will be able to watch Friday's game on B/R Live. B/R Live - Turner's live sports streaming service - will stream all San Diego Seals games throughout the 2019-20 season.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 11, 2020
- National Lacrosse League Issued Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NLL
- San Diego vs. Vancouver: Game Preview - San Diego Seals
- New York Riptide Sign Four Players to Contract Extensions - New York Riptide
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment - Rochester Knighthawks
- Message from Georgia Swarm Regarding COVID-19 - Georgia Swarm
- Knighthawks Announce Roster Moves - Rochester Knighthawks
- Atlanta's CW69 to Re-Air Georgia Swarm vs. Philadelphia Wings on Sunday, March 15 - Georgia Swarm
- Black Wolves Acquire Tanner Thomson - New England Black Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.