SaberCats Add Veteran OL Devin Clark
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The SaberCats announced today that they have been assigned Arena Football League veteran offensive lineman Devin Clark on a one-year contract.
"Adding someone like Devin, who has a lot of experience in this league, is very important," said Owner/Head Coach Darren Arbet. "He's someone who will make plays and will also be an effective leader on this football team."
Clark (6-4, 325, New Mexico) spent the 2012 campaign with the Philadelphia Soul, where he started seven games. He spent the previous two seasons with the Arizona Rattlers, where he made three receptions for 31 yards and three tackles in those two seasons. Clark also spent time in the United Football League with the New York Sentinels and was a member of the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. With the Redskins, Clark played in two games during the 2008 season.
As a senior at the University of New Mexico, Clark started all 13 games for the Lobos and allowed only three sacks in 450 passing attempts and was a first team all-Mountain West Conference selection.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 4, 2013
- Split Tone to Perform at Home Opener - Jacksonville Sharks
- SaberCats Add Veteran OL Devin Clark - San Jose SaberCats
- Tony Dungy to Speak at Faith and Family Night - Tampa Bay Storm
- Let 'Em See Ya Coming - New Orleans VooDoo
- Storm Add Depth to Offensive Line - Tampa Bay Storm
- Philadelphia Looks to Win against Former Coach - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.