RSL Announces Departure of Technical Director Dan Egner
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake today announced the departure of Technical Director Dan Egner who has left the club to pursue another professional opportunity.
"I'm grateful for my five and a half years at the club. When I began this journey during the Monarchs inaugural season, I could not have imagined getting a chance to work in the technical department of an MLS club," Egner said. "We accomplished things that I will forever be proud of and had a lot of fun while doing it. While I am exiting the club side of the soccer world, I am excited to begin a new journey that will allow me to remain working in the professional game. It is something I have contemplated for quite some time, and after consulting my family and friends and with the seasons coming to a close, I feel that in order to jump into my new venture with both feet, the time to start is now."
Egner joined the Real Monarchs staff in 2015 as the Director of Business Operations with the USL club in its inaugural season. After the 2015 season, he was promoted to Director of Soccer Operations for one season and then Assistant General Manager for one season before moving into the role of Real Monarchs General Manager in 2018. The Monarchs won the USL Regular Season Shield in 2017 and the USL Championship title in 2019. Egner was promoted to RSL Technical Director in December.
"Dan has been an integral part of what we have done for the last several years," RSL General Manager Elliot Fall said. "He has contributed in many ways, I think most obviously at the Monarchs level. He was the architect of the roster that won the USL Championship last year. He will be missed, but we are happy for him and the opportunity he has. We are excited to see what he will do."
Real Salt Lake returns to the field on Sunday, September 27 when it faces Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field at 6:00 p.m. MT. The match will be broadcast live locally on KMYU, the KSL TV app and ESPN700 radio.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 25, 2020
- RSL Announces Departure of Technical Director Dan Egner - Utah Royals FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Prepare for Doubleheader on Saturday - Houston Dash
- OL Reign Academy Announces Boeing Scholarship Program - OL Reign
- Utah Royals FC Return to Rio Tinto Stadium to Face OL Reign - Utah Royals FC
- Match Forecast: OL Reign Faces Royals to Open Fall Series - OL Reign
- Storylines: Pride vs. Houston Dash - Orlando Pride
- Orlando Pride Travel to Face Houston Dash on Saturday - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah Royals FC Defender Kelley O'Hara Named to United States Women's National Team Roster
- Christen Press Selected in 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft
- Utah Royals Announces Staffing Updates
- Utah Royals FC Announce Protected Players Ahead of 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft
- Utah Royals FC Announces Options and New Player Agreements for 2021