Rough Second Quarter Too Much for Tropics to Overcome in 5-4 Road Loss to St. Louis
ST. LOUIS - The FLorida Tropics SC gave up four goals in less than four minutes late in the second quarter, and that was too much to overcome as the St. Louis Ambush took a 5-4 win in a Major Arena Soccer League game Saturday night.
Victor Parrieras opened the scoring before the Ambush reeled off five-straight, all in the second quarter, including their four-goal assault which started on a goal by J.T. Thomas at the 8:11 mark, and concluded on a goal by Zach Reget at the 11:48 mark.
Florida got second-half goals from Jose Luiz Birche, Guilherme and Maycon Franca, but was 0-for-2 with the man advantage, including a power-play in the final period. Florida did not have a blue card issued to them, meaning the Tropics have gone seven straight games at the start of the season without allowing a power-play goal.
Florida falls to 3-4, and St. Louis improves to 4-4. The Tropics will finish their weekend midwest swing with a 4:05 p.m. CST kickoff in Kansas City against the comets. The game will be broadcast live at www.masl.tv.
The Tropics return to open a three-game homestand on Saturday, Jan. 12 when they host the Orlando SeaWolves in a 7:05 start.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 6, 2019
- Tacoma Stars Doubled up by Barracudas 8-4 - Tacoma Stars
- Comets Beat Tropics for First Home Win - Kansas City Comets
- Wave Win Beer Bowl in New York Sunday, Proving Milwaukee Has Better Soccer Players and Better Beer - Milwaukee Wave
- Utica Unbeaten Home Streak Crushed by the Wave - Utica City FC
- Sidekicks Win 2nd Straight Game - Dallas Sidekicks
- First Place Sockers Edge Ontario 3-2 in Overtime on Escoto's Game-Winner - San Diego Sockers
- Rough Second Quarter Too Much for Tropics to Overcome in 5-4 Road Loss to St. Louis - Florida Tropics SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics Close Third Season in MASL with 6-4 Road Loss to Rival SeaWolves
- Record Crowd Can't Root Home Tropics to Win as Blast Take 4-2 Triumph
- Home Season Finale Saturday as Three-Time Defending MASL Champ Baltimore Blast Visits
- Tropics Can't Erase Four-Goal Deficit as Comets Roll to 6-2 Win
- Tropics Hope to Repeat Success of Last Home Start as KC Comets Visit Lakeland Saturday