Rock Defender Brad Kri Re-Signs
Oakville, ON - Toronto Rock Owner, President and GM Jamie Dawick has announced a 2-year agreement for restricted free agent Rock defender Brad Kri. The contract is pending league approval.
Originally drafted by the Rock in the second round, 14th overall in the 2012 NLL Draft, Kri spent his first pro season on the practice roster in Toronto. The following season he failed to make it through camp with the Rock and found his way to Vancouver in 2014. After playing two seasons with the Stealth, Kri returned to Toronto in 2016 as an unrestricted free agent and has steadily climbed the Rock's depth chart to the point where he was recently one of the five defenders the team protected in last month's NLL Expansion Draft.
"Brad is a very important part of this team," said Dawick. "He's grown a lot as a player over the past three years and we see him being a leader among our defensive group well into the future."
Upon his return to Toronto, Kri quickly shifted to a key role with the Rock in the form of the team's main man at the faceoff dot. Over his three seasons taking draws, Kri has become one of the top faceoff men in the league, winning 55 percent of his faceoffs. He also shattered his previous career high of 83 loose balls by scooping up 135 loose balls in 2018.
"It's a privilege to play for the Toronto Rock," said Kri. "To have the chance to play for this coaching staff, with these teammates and in front of the best fans in the league is an honour and very rewarding for me. I am looking forward to being a part of this team for a long time."
The Acton, ON native is a proven winner having already collected a Founder's Cup (Jr. B), Minto Cup (Jr. A), and Mann Cup (Sr. A) in the Canadian summer leagues. The one major championship that has eluded him so far in his career is the NLL Cup, something Kri hopes to help bring to the Rock fans in Toronto in the very near future.
2018-19 Toronto Rock Season Tickets and Season Passes are on sale now. To purchase or for more information, please visit torontorock.com or call 416-596-3075.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 8, 2018
- NLL Announces the Conclusion of the 2017-18 Season Awards - NLL
- Georgia Swarm Re-Signs Crepinsek and Ranagan to Two-Year Contracts - Georgia Swarm
- Seals Opener Set for Saturday, December 8 - San Diego Seals
- Rush Home Opener Set for December 8th - Saskatchewan Rush
- NLL Announces Two Home Openers for the 2018-19 Season - NLL
- Two Roughnecks Named to All-Pro and All-Rookie Teams - Calgary Roughnecks
- Three Knighthawks Named NLL All-Pros - Rochester Knighthawks
- NLL All-Pro and All-Rookie Teams Announced - NLL
- Knighthawks' Young 'Bucks' Named to All-Rookie Teams - Rochester Knighthawks
- Georgia Swarm's Lyle Thompson Named to NLL All-Pro Second Team - Georgia Swarm
- Rock Defender Brad Kri Re-Signs - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.