Rio Grande Valley Vipers' Smith Suspended
February 23, 2017 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK- The NBA Development League today announced that Joshua Smith of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers has been suspended for five games without pay for violating the terms of the league's Anti-Drug Program. Smith's suspension will begin on Friday, Feb. 24 when the team plays the Fort Wayne Mad Ants at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2017
- Austin Spurs Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce 122-105 - Austin Spurs
- Energy Drop Home Contest to Stars Despite Jarell Martin's Monster Game - Iowa Wolves
- Skyforce Downed by Spurs in 122-105 Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Raptors 905 Rout Erie - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs Hollis Thompson Signs 10-Day Contract with New Orleans - Austin Spurs
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers' Smith Suspended - G League
- Legends Defend Home Court - Texas Legends
- D-Fenders Fall Flat against Texas - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- VirtuCrypt Extends Partnership with the Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- #19 to the Rafters - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.