Richmond, VA To Join AIFL As League's Fifth Franchise
The Atlantic Indoor Football League is proud to announce the addition of Richmond, VA as the fifth member of the league, which begins play April 16.
A formal announcement will be made at a 2 p.m. EST news conference today at the Richmond Coliseum, where the team will play its home games.
Fans are encouraged to help name the new franchise by competing in a contest at www.aiflrichmond.com. If the new team name matches the selection of a fan, that person will win season tickets to the team's games for life.
If more than one entry matches the selected team name, a drawing will be held to determine the prize winner.
Over 800 fans recently competed in a similar competition to name a new franchise in Canton, OH.
The Richmond franchise joins the Johnstown (PA) Riverhawks, Carolina (Charlotte, NC) Sharks, Erie (PA) Freeze and Canton, OH as inaugural franchises in the league.
The Atlantic Indoor Football League is the hottest new professional football league and will kickoff its inaugural season April 16, 2005. For more information about the AIFL, visit www.aiflonline.com, contact the league office toll-free at (866) 390-AIFL (2435) or contact Joey Josephs, Director of Media Relations, by phone at (407) 695-7137 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Indoor Football Association message board...
American Indoor Football Association Stories from January 20, 2005
- Indoor Football Returning To Raleigh, NC - Raleigh Rebels
- Richmond, VA To Join AIFL As League's Fifth Franchise - Richmond Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Richmond Bandits Stories
- Seeing Redd, Bandits resign star wide receiver
- Third Time the Charm for Bandits' head coach Rik Richards
- Bandits crowned inaugural AIFL champions; Win 56-30 over Freeze
- Bandits, Freeze to Decide Inaugural AIFL Championship
- Bandits to Face Freeze in AIFL Championship on Saturday