Seeing Redd, Bandits resign star wide receiver
Damon "Redd" Thompson has resigned with the 2005 AIFL Champion Richmond Bandits. The 5'11" 185 lb wide receiver was and will be a valuable piece to the Bandits offense. Last year in only seven games he recorded 45 receptions for 645 yards and 19 touchdowns. Thompson is a former AFL and AF2 receiver as well as a Virginia State University graduate.
Thompson finished his Virginia State career as the 2nd all time leading receiver in Division II college football.
"Thompson was regarded as one of the best receivers in the AIFL. He would have been in contention for the league's MVP last season if not for an injury that forced him to sit out the last 5 games," said Bandits head coach Brent Williams.
The Bandits kick off the 2006 season with a home game on February 27, against the Rome (Ga.) Renegades.
• Discuss this story on the American Indoor Football Association message board...
American Indoor Football Association Stories from January 6, 2006
- American Indoor Football League Transactions - AIFA
- Thunder announces 2006 broadcasting team - Daytona Beach Thunder
- Vipers to hold open tryout - Chattahoochee Valley Vipers
- Seeing Redd, Bandits resign star wide receiver - Richmond Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Richmond Bandits Stories
- Seeing Redd, Bandits resign star wide receiver
- Third Time the Charm for Bandits' head coach Rik Richards
- Bandits crowned inaugural AIFL champions; Win 56-30 over Freeze
- Bandits, Freeze to Decide Inaugural AIFL Championship
- Bandits to Face Freeze in AIFL Championship on Saturday