Revs Up Preseason Record to 4-0-0: With a pair of victories in Mexico last week, the Revolution improved to 4-0-0 this 2007 preseason. New England earned a 7-0 win over Inter Playa del Carmen on Tuesday, March 13 behind four goals from Taylor Twellman and single goals by Khano Smith, Adam Cristman and Willie Sims. On Thursday, March 15, the Revs then took a 1-0 victory over Pioneros de Cancun on Cristman's 79th-minute goal.
Twellman Called to USMNT Camp: Taylor Twellman was called into the March U.S. Men's National Team Training Camp in advance of the team's two games at the end of the month. Twellman reported to camp on Sunday, March 18, and will train for a week-and-a-half ahead of the squad's matches against Ecuador on Sunday, March 25 and Guatemala on Wednesday, March 28. He will not travel with the Revs to New Orleans.
Revs to Conclude "Countdown": The Revs will conduct its final "Countdown to Kickoff" event on Saturday, March 31, at the West Warwick Civic Center (West Warwick, R.I.). Registration for the free event begins at 10 a.m., and will feature Revolution Academy clinics, giveaways, a soccer skills challenge and the Soccer Celebration inflatables. Michael Parkhurst, Joe Franchino, Jeff Larentowicz, Wells Thompson and Amaechi Igwe are scheduled to appear at the event.
Tickets to Revs' Season Opener Available: Tickets to the Revs' 2007 home opener against league newcomer Toronto FC, a special soccer event doubleheader also featuring the U.S. Women's National Team against Mexico in an international friendly immediately preceding the Revolution game, are now available. Ticket packages for both games - which also include free parking for the event - start at $32, and are available by calling 1-877-GET-REVS or through Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2007
- L.A. Galaxy Weekly Update - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Weekly Notes - Colorado Rapids
- Galaxy midfielder Cobi Jones announces 2007 will be final year in MLS - LA Galaxy
- Revolution update - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Carles Gil Named 2019 Major League Soccer Newcomer of the Year
- Revolution Midfielder Carles Gil Voted a Finalist for 2019 MLS Newcomer of the Year Award
- UPDATE: Kickoff for Revolution's Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match at Atlanta United Moved to 1:00 p.m. on October 19
- Revolution to Face Atlanta United FC in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Revolution Fall to Atlanta United FC, 3-1, in Regular Season Finale