Revolution Announces Preseason Trip To North Carolina
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution today announced that the team will travel to North Carolina for a 10-day preseason training trip during which the squad will play three matches against the Charlotte Eagles (USL-2), Carolina RailHawks (NASL) and a yet-to-be-determined opponent.
During the training trip, the team will be based in Cary, N.C., beginning on Wednesday, March 10. For the second year in a row, the Revolution will train at the RailHawks' WakeMed Soccer Park for the duration of the trip.
The Revolution will play the first of three preseason matches on Saturday, March 13, when the club will travel to Charlotte, N.C., to face the Charlotte Eagles. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. at UNC-Charlotte's Transamerica Field. Tickets for the match are $10 through advance purchase before March 10. Walk-up tickets will be $15 at the game.
The trip wraps up on Saturday, March 20, when the Revs play in the Community Shield match against their host, the Carolina RailHawks. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. at WakeMed Soccer Park, and tickets are available through the RailHawks (919-859-5425 or carolinarailhawks.com). Last season, Carolina earned a 1-0 victory over the Revs in the Community Shield match. This will be the third time overall that the teams have met, with the Revolution taking a 2-1, extra-time victory in the semifinals of the 2007 U.S. Open Cup on its way to winning the championship, the first in club history.
The Revolution will play its second match on Wednesday, March 17, with details to be announced at a later date.
Full coverage of the team's trip will be available on revolutionsoccer.net, with updates posted on Twitter (@NERevolution) throughout the trip.
The Revolution is scheduled to open the 2010 season on the road against the LA Galaxy on Saturday, March 27 at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. The Revs are set to open their 2010 home slate on Saturday, April 10, when they host Toronto FC. Visit revolutionsoccer.net for more information.
Revolution Communications Gillette Stadium One Patriot Place Foxborough, MA 02035 www.revolutionsoccer.net email@example.com
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2010
- MLS And Players Union Agree To Continue To Negotiate Through February 25 - MLS
- Sounders FC Names Dick McCormick As Academy Manager/Head Coach - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids Sign Danny Earls And Oscar Murillo - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Sign Midfielder Joey Gjertsen - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Announces Preseason Trip To North Carolina - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Receives Prestigious "President's Award For Excellence" From The Salt Lake Chamber - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire Foundation Announces ABC 7's Jim Rose To Serve As Emc Ee For 2010 Fire Season Kickoff L - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Fall to Toronto FC, 3-2
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC
- Three New England Revolution Players Called in for National Team Duty
- Revolution Fall to Columbus Crew SC, 2-0, in Home Opener