Reggie Hearn to Participate in NBA D-League Three-Point Contest
RENO, Nev. ---- The NBA Development League announced today that for the second straight season Reno Bighorns forward Reggie Hearn will compete in the 2017 NBA D-League Three-Point Contest on Saturday, Feb. 18 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
Hearn has accrued averages of 11.7 points (.467 FG%, .657 FT%), 4.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 29 minutes per game in 23 contests (19 starts) for the Bighorns this season. The 6-5 forward averages 47.0% from behind the arc behind including a season-high seven threes recorded in late January.
The two-round competition tips off during NBA All-Star Practice and culminates during halftime of the 2017 NBA D-League All-Star Game presented by Kumho Tire, which begins at 2:30 p.m. ET. The final round of both the Slam Dunk and the Three-Point Contest will air live on NBA TV during halftime of the NBA D-League All-Star Game. The first round of each event will be streamed live on the NBA D-League's Facebook page, beginning with the Slam Dunk preliminary at 12:30 p.m. ET and continuing with the Three-Point Contest preliminary at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Joining Hearn behind the arc in New Orleans are Scott Wood (Santa Cruz Warriors), Devondrick Walker (Delaware 87ers), Gabe York (Erie BayHawks), Pierre Jackson (Texas Legends) and Kevin Murphy (Grand Rapids Drive). Wood and York are two of three players to have connected on an NBA D-League season high of 10 three-point field goals made.
In the NBA D-League Three-Point Contest, each competitor will have 60 seconds to sink up to 25 shots from five shooting stations around the three-point line. Four stations will have four orange balls (worth one point each) and one multi-colored "money ball" (worth two points each). The fifth station consists of five two-point "money balls," which each competitor can position at any of the five shooting locations. The top two scorers from the first round advance to the final round, and the competitor with the highest score in the final round wins the contest.
The full roster of participants is below. All players must be on an active NBA D-League roster at the time of the event to compete.
NBA D-League Three-Point Contest
Player (Team)Ht.Wt. College Birthdate
Reggie Hearn (Reno)6-5210Northwestern8/14/1991
Scott Wood (Santa Cruz)6-5175NC State6/21/1990
Pierre Jackson (Texas)5-11176Baylor8/29/1991
Devondrick Walker (Delaware)6-5205Texas A&M Commerce7/11/1992
Gabe York (Erie)6-3190Arizona8/2/1993
Kevin Murphy (Grand Rapids)6-6185Tennessee Tech3/6/1990
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2017
- Bighorns Drop Wire-To-Wire Thriller in Erie - Reno Bighorns
- Late Steal Grabs BayHawks Win - Erie BayHawks
- Poythress Selected to NBA D-League Slam Dunk Contest - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Troy Williams Named to 2017 NBA D-League Slam Dunk - Iowa Wolves
- Reggie Hearn to Participate in NBA D-League Three-Point Contest - Reno Bighorns
- Scott Wood Selected to Participate in 2017 NBA D-League Three-Point Contest - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Go Cold in Second Half - Texas Legends
- John Jordan to Defend Title at 2017 NBA D-League All-Star Slam Dunk - G League
- Austin Spurs Defeat the Texas Legends 115-109 - Austin Spurs
- Energy Host Grudge Match Against Blue On #squadnight - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors