Rattlers sign with WNAM as new radio flagship
APPLETON, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers have penned a 3-year agreement and are proud to announce AM1280 WNAM is the new flagship radio station for Timber Rattlers baseball. Beginning on Thursday, April 9th, all 140 Rattlers games will be broadcast live on the station that plays America's best music.
"We are extremely pleased with this new partnership," said Rattlers president Rob Zerjav. "WNAM is a part of a great radio group and we appreciate their passion and excitement to carry Timber Rattlers baseball. Partnering with WNAM will allow our entire local fan base the opportunity to listen to all 140 games from anywhere in Northeastern Wisconsin due to their remarkable signal strength," Zerjav added.
WNAM (part of Cumulus Radio Appleton/Oshkosh) will reach baseball fans beyond Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium; including fans to the north in the greater Green Bay area and reaching south to fans in Fond du Lac and its surrounding communities. Timber Rattlers baseball will also continue to be streamed on-line at www.timberrattlers.com and now at www.am1280wnam.com.
"We are excited and can't wait for spring, as AM1280 WNAM is now the home for Wisconsin Timber Rattlers baseball. With the Rattlers being the new class A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers, plus the fact that Brewers baseball is hotter than ever in Wisconsin, it's a perfect match for this area. We are delighted to bring northeast Wisconsin Timber Rattlers games all season long in 2009 and for a long time to come. Let's play ball and cheer on the home team!" added Skip Willis, Program Director/Morning Host of Skip and Friends/Local Sales Manager AM1280 WNAM, Oshkosh.
Your Wisconsin Timber Rattlers will start the 2009 season on Thursday, April 9th vs. the Quad Cities River Bandits at 6:35pm. Ticket packages, gift cards & team merchandise are available at Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium Monday-Friday 9am-6pm & Saturdays 10am-3pm. Click on www.timberrattlers.com for more details.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from December 16, 2008
- Cubs Caravan Set for January 15 at Riverplex in Peoria - Peoria Chiefs
- Dillard And Staff Back With Bandits In 2009 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Tigers name 2009 Whitecaps coaching staff - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rattlers sign with WNAM as new radio flagship - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- Dock Spiders Announce Full 2020 Schedule
- It's Back: Friday Night Fish Fry To-Go from the Ballpark
- A Letter from Timber Rattlers President Rob Zerjav
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale