Raiders' Paddock Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week
February 3, 2020 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
Calgary, Alta. - The Western Hockey League announced today that Prince Albert Raiders goaltender Max Paddock has been named the WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week for the week ending February 2, 2020.
In two games, Paddock recorded a pair of wins while maintaining a 0.50 goals-against average, stopping 35 of 36 shots for a 0.972 save percentage, and recording a shutout. With a 7-0-1-3 record in their past 11 games, the Raiders have returned to the top spot in the WHL's East Division, opening up a four-point lead on the Winnipeg ICE.
Paddock's week began Wednesday with a 17-save shutout against the Victoria Royals in a 3-0 win at the Art Hauser Centre. Paddock made four saves in each of the first and second periods followed by nine saves in the third. He was named the third star of the game and the second star of the night in the WHL for his performance.
Friday Paddock made 18 saves in a 4-1 win against the Lethbridge Hurricanes in northern Saskatchewan. He made six saves in the first, eight in the second, and four in the third to earn the victory.
The 19-year-old from Brandon, Man. has yet to lose in regulation since joining the Raiders from the Regina Pats on January 9, 2020. In seven games, he's posted a 5-0-0-2 record, 1.38 GAA, 0.946 SV%, and one shutout. In 36 games between the Pats and Raiders this season, Paddock has compiled a 15-13-3-4 record, 2.92 GAA, 0.911 SV%, and three shutouts.
Paddock was chosen in the 10th round, 212th overall, by the Pats at the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft. In 121 WHL regular season games, he's posted a 49-49-5-7 record, 3.15 GAA, 0.903 SV%, and five shutouts.
Beginning their final road trip through Alberta for the remainder of the 2019-20 WHL Regular Season, the Raiders will battle the Medicine Hat Tigers at the Canalta Centre on Wednesday, February 5 (7 p.m. MT).
WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week
January 27 - February 2: Max Paddock, Prince Albert Raiders
January 20 - January 26: Taylor Gauthier, Prince George Cougars
January 13 - January 19: Jiri Patera, Brandon Wheat Kings
January 6 - January 12: Shane Farkas, Victoria Royals
December 30 - January 5: Jiri Patera, Brandon Wheat Kings
December 23 - December 29: Max Paddock, Regina Pats
December 9 - December 15: Sebastian Cossa, Edmonton Oil Kings
December 2 - December 8: Shane Farkas, Victoria Royals
November 25 - December 1: Roman Basran, Kelowna Rockets
November 18 - November 24: Roman Basran, Kelowna Rockets
November 11 - November 17: David Tendeck, Vancouver Giants
November 4 - November 10: Trent Miner, Vancouver Giants
October 28 - November 3: Joel Hofer, Portland Winterhawks
October 21 - October 27: Shane Farkas, Victoria Royals
October 14 - October 20: Dylan Garand, Kamloops Blazers
October 7 - October 13: Joel Hofer, Portland Winterhawks
September 30 - October 6: Ethan Anders, Red Deer Rebels
September 23 - September 29: Beck Warm, Tri-City Americans
September 20 - September 22: Roddy Ross, Seattle Thunderbirds
Images from this story
Spokane Chiefs forward Adam Beckman
Prince Albert Raiders goaltender Max Paddock
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2020
- Winterhawks Sign Prospect Mori - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals' Shane Farkas Named WHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month - Victoria Royals
- Tigers Announce Small Group Autograph Nights - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Michal Teply Named WHL Rookie of the Month - Winnipeg Ice
- Royals' Farkas Named WHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month - WHL
- Winterhawks' Jarvis Named WHL McSweeney's Player of the Month - WHL
- Winterhawks' Jarvis Named WHL McSweeney's Player of the Month - Portland Winterhawks
- Kelowna Rockets to host mental health awareness game in partnership with CMHA Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- ICE's Teply Named WHL Rookie of the Month - WHL
- Chiefs' Beckman Named WHL on the Run Player of the Week - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders' Paddock Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Chiefs' Beckman Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.