Pump Jacks Win Pitcher's Duel 1-0 over Marshals
The East Texas Pump Jacks defeated the Texas Marshals 1-0 on Thursday night in Kilgore. The game was a pitcher's duel between Jeremy Hallonquist of the Pump Jacks and Keaton Brewer of the Marshals.
Brewer allowed just one run on five hits in the ballgame. The Pump Jacks lone run came in the top of the first inning. Brewer hit the lead-off man, James Lear, with a pitch. Lear then stole second and third base before coming into score on an RBI groundout by Peter Miller. Brewer put up seven straight zeros after that as he allowed just one walk and struck out three in the ballgame.
Hallonquist needed just 86 pitches on the night, 72 of which were strikes, to shutout the Marshals offense. He allowed just four hits and struck out seven. All four hits for the Marshals in the ballgame were singles. James Sloan had two and Carlos Contreras and Mason Mantle each had one apiece.
The game took just an hour and 46 minutes to complete. The two teams will meet again on Friday night in Kilgore for game two of the two-game series. Game time is 7:05pm at Driller Park. The Marshals then return home for a two-game set with the Brazos Valley Bombers on Saturday and Sunday nights. Both games will begin at 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 25, 2014
- Generals Win Big - Victoria Generals
- Bombers Rebound to Shut Out Cane Cutters 7-0 - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Pump Jacks Win Pitcher's Duel 1-0 over Marshals - Texas Marshals
- Pump Jacks Rally But Fall to Strykers - East Texas PumpJacks
- Pump Jacks Shut Down Marshals - East Texas PumpJacks
- Pitching Carries Cane Cutters - Acadiana Cane Cutters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.