Pump Jacks Shutout Marshals 3-0
The East Texas Pump Jacks shutout the Texas Marshals 3-0 on Friday night in Kilgore behind a stellar start by Ray Messner who tossed seven innings, allowing just three hits and two walks while striking out seven. It was the second straight night that the Marshals offense failed to score a run.
An RBI single by Peter Miller in the top of the first inning made it 1-0. A pass ball in the bottom of the fifth scored Dustin Williams to make it 2-0. And an RBI single by Drew McLaughlin in the sixth put the Pump Jacks up 3-0.
Joe Powell took the loss for the Marshals as he allowed three runs on eight hits in 5.1 innings with three strikeouts.
Carson Shaddy, Carlos Vargas, Oliver Christensen, and James Stroud each had one hit in the game for the Marshals.
With the loss, the Marshals fall to 16-29 on the season and 8-10 in the second-half. The Pump Jacks are now 17-28 overall and 8-9 in the second-half.
The Marshals will host the Brazos Valley Bombers on Saturday and Sunday nights at Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas. Both games begin at 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 26, 2014
- Pump Jacks Take Game 1 - Victoria Generals
- Bombers Take Down Marshals 14-3 - Texas Marshals
- Cane Cutters Win Pitcher's Dual - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Pump Jacks Shut out Marshals Again - East Texas PumpJacks
- Pump Jacks Shutout Marshals 3-0 - Texas Marshals