Preview: Indy Eleven Gameday & Match Preview
Indy Eleven vs. FC Cincinnati - #INDvCIN
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 1:00 P.M. EST
Grand Park Events Center - Westfield, IN
Local/National TV: N/A
Streaming Video: N/A
In-game updates: Follow @IndyElevenLive on Twitter (Limited updates)
Official stats: N/A
Game Two | Boys in Blue vs. Orange and Blue
Indy Eleven will take on new Major League Soccer expansion side FC Cincinnati in the team's second friendly of the 2019 preseason on February 12 at 1 p.m. at Grand Park. The fixture will be the first time the teams have played since Cincinnati defeated the Boys in Blue 3-0 on September 29 in last year's regular season USL Championship campaign.
Preparations for Indy Eleven Head Coach Martin Rennie and his side continue after drawing Butler University Men's Soccer nil-nil in the squad's first preseason match. Several new signings were featured in the team's first outing last Saturday. Former Louisville City FC forward Ilija Illic and former DC United forward Dane Kelly were among the new forwards to receive their first minutes under Rennie.
Two former FC Cincinnati players were also active for Indy. Defender Paddy Barrett and midfielder Kenney Walker both made their Boys in Blue debut. Goalkeeper Evan Newton and midfielder Tyler Gibson, both on the 2018 Orange and Blue squad, did not receive any minutes in the first preseason clash. There's a chance the pair could make their debuts in the second game featuring their prior side on Tuesday afternoon.
Rennie's 2019 additions bring both experience and success to this year's squad. The back and middle thirds of the pitch have been strengthened with the additions of Newton, who was the winner of the 2018 USL Championship Golden Glove award, and teammate Walker, who started 29 games for FC Cincinnati and contributed three goals and three assists. In addition, Barrett adds depth at the wingback position.
The three new forwards brought in by Rennie will boost Indy's front third. Ilic was the second leading goal scorer in 2018 for Louisville City FC, finding the back of the net 13 times. Kelly's pedigree consists of the 2017 USL Championship Most Valuable Player, Golden Boot and All-League First Team selectee. New in Blue forward Thomas Enevoldsen was a 2018 USL Championship Most Valuable Player finalist after scoring 20 goals in his first season in the league.
FC Cincinnati will also feature several new signings after joining MLS. French fullback Mathieu Deplagne joins the squad after departing from ESTAC Troyes from Ligue 2 after making 35 appearances for the club. Midfielder Eric Alexander also made his debut for the Ohio based side in the 1-0 win over Colorado Rapids. Alexander leads the team in MLS appearances with 212 games spreading across six clubs.
The side will also feature two strong players from the 2018 season in defender Forrest Lasso and forward Emmanuel Ledesma. Lasso was the 2018 USL Championship Defender of the Year and earned All-League First Team honors in 2017 and 2018. Ledesma earned 2018 USL Championship MVP, All-League First Team, and two Player of the Month awards.
Indiana's Team's second test of 2019 is no easy task. Cincinnati have defeated the Boys in Blue in four of the last five meetings between the sides. The fixture against Indy is the fourth preseason match for FC Cincinnati as the side prepares for its first MLS season. Cincinnati currently hold a 1W-0L-2D preseason record.
The match will take place indoors at Grand Park Events Center in Westfield, Ind. The match is a non-ticketed event and is open to the public. Free parking will be available in the main lot outside the events center.
Don't miss your chance to see the Boys in Blue this season. Season Ticket packages for the 2019 USL Championship season are on sale now for a low as $99. Get your season ticket package today by visiting IndyEleven.com/season-tickets or by calling 317-685-1100.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 11, 2019
- Preview: Indy Eleven Gameday & Match Preview - Indy Eleven
- Real Monarchs SLC Signs Goalkeepers Todd Morton and Evan Finney - Real Monarchs SLC
- Lights FC Announces Unique Presidents Day Weekend Promotion - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Individual Tickets for North Carolina FC on Sale Tomorrow - North Carolina FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Single-Match & Group Tickets on Sale Now - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Rowdies Announce Return of Pape Diakite - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hounds Announce Date Change of August Match against Loudoun United FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Austin Bold FC Signs Midfielder/Defender Amobi Okugu - Austin Bold FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Tickets for Indy Eleven's May 15th Opener in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Now on Available
- Eleven Park Issues Statement Regarding State Senate Concurrence Vote on Senate Bill 7
- Indy Eleven Forward Dane Kelly Named USL Championship Player of the Week for Week 7
- Indy Eleven Collect Three Points in 3-0 Win at Bethlehem Steel FC
- Indy Eleven's Week 7 Road Trip Continues against Bethlehem Steel FC