Preview | Indy Eleven Look to Further Undefeated Streak vs. Loudoun United FC
Last Time Out
Indy Eleven 3:0 Memphis 901 FC | Saturday, June 8
Indy Eleven extended its undefeated streak to six after defeating Eastern Conference expansion side Memphis 901 FC 3-0 on the road last Saturday. A first-half goal from forward Thomas Enevoldsen and second-half heroics from midfielders Kim Do-heon and Tyler Pasher handed the Boys in Blue their first victory on the road since April 20. Indiana's Team also kept its seventh clean sheet of the season following Memphis' scoreless performance.
#MEMvIND: Highlights | Recap | Stats
Loudoun United FC 1:2 Louisville City FC | Saturday, May 22
Loudoun United FC fell to defending USL Championship champions Louisville City FC 2-1 on the road last weekend. Loudoun forward Griffin Yow's 49th minute strike wasn't enough to overcome the two first-half goals Louisville put past the visiting side. The goal was Yow's third in five appearances for the club, trailing only Kyle Murphy by one goal.
#LOUvLDN: Highlights | Recap | Stats
Saturday night's fixture between Indy Eleven and Loudoun United FC will be the first meeting between the two teams.
Indy Eleven goalkeeper Jordan Farr earned his first USL Championship minutes last Saturday at Memphis, replacing Evan Newton in the 72nd minute.
The Boys in Blue are undefeated in their last six matches (GF: 6/ GA: 1), claiming 12 out of 18 points with five clean sheets.
Indy hasn't conceded a goal on the road in the last 110 minutes of USL Championship play since New York Red Bulls II's Tom Barlow scored in the 69th minute on April 28.
Last Saturday's 3-0 win at Memphis is the fourth time that Indy Eleven have recorded three goals during a match in 2019, all of which have resulted in wins on the road.
The Boys in Blue currently have a 4W-2L-0D record on the road, having scored 14 goals and conceded seven.
Indy forward Dane Kelly played for Loudoun United FC's Major League Soccer affiliate D.C. United in 2018, making just one regular season appearance for the club.
Loudoun defender Peabo Doue has faced Indy multiple times since 2017, having played for Jacksonville Armada (2017; NASL) and North Carolina FC (2018).
Forward Andrew Lubahn is no stranger to facing Indiana's Team, having faced the Boys in Blue in the 2016 U.S. Open Cup with Louisville City FC, five times in 2017 with San Francisco Deltas (NASL), and three times in last season with Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC.
Indy Eleven Player to Watch | MF Kenney Walker
After spending a short stint on Indy Eleven's injury list, Kenney Walker is back and better than ever. The 30-year-old has become quite the playmaker for the Boys in Blue, as he leads his teammates in assists (4) and is currently tied for second most in Eastern Conference. The midfielder has created 12 scoring opportunities so far this season, which equates to an average of one assist out of every key pass.
Just as he's found his teammates in scoring positions, Walker has also begun to find the back of the net. The Wickliffe, Ohio native opened his scoring account with a long distance screamer that sparked the comeback in Indy's 2-1 win against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC on June 1.
Loudoun United FC Player to Watch | MF Connor Presley
Major League Soccer FC Dallas youth academy product Connor Presley has started 10 of Loudon United FC's 11 matches played through the start of the season, subbing off twice and playing a total of 863 minutes for the expansion side so far. In that time, the Austin, Texas native has converted two goals out of the seven shots he's taken and earned USL Championship's Goal of the Month award in May.
Presley has proven that his presence can be felt no matter where he's at on the pitch. As of now, the 20-year-old leads his team in tackles (25), tackles won (17), duels (144) and duels won (53). Though the midfielder's passing accuracy sits at a touch over 71 percent, he's played a team-high 12 key passes and tallied a single assist.
Matchup to Mark | Indy FW Thomas Enevoldsen vs. Loudoun FW Griffin Yow
Saturday night's fixture at Audi Field, home of Loudoun's MLS affiliate D.C. United, will feature veteran striker Enevoldsen squaring off against United's rookie Griffin Yow.
Enevoldsen added goal #3 to his Indy Eleven scoring account last Saturday at Memphis 901 FC after netting the first of three for Indy in the 31st minute. The 31-year-old curled his shot around Memphis' 'keeper and off the far post following a one-on-one duel against 901 FC defender Jacob Hauser-Ramsey. In addition to scoring, the Danish striker is currently tied with teammate Ayoze for the most chances created with 22 on the season.
Much like Enevoldsen, Yow netted his third goal of the season and Loudoun's lone goal in last Saturday's 2-1 loss to Louisville City FC. The 16-year-old cut around LCFC's Alexis Souahy before rocketing the ball into the net from outside the 18-yard-box, earning a Goal of the Week nomination. In just 380 minutes of play, the D.C. United Homegrown loanee is now Loudoun's second highest goal scorer, trailing forward Kyle Murphy by one, and has managed to find the back of the net every 126 minutes on average.
Indy Eleven at Loudon United FC - #LDNvIND
Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 7:30 P.M. ET
Audi Field | Washington, D.C.
Local/National TV: N/A
Streaming Video: ESPN+ (free 7-day trial)
Radio (Spanish): N/A
In-game updates: Follow @IndyElevenLive Twitter feed, presented by Honda
Setting the Table:
Indy Eleven: 7W-2L-3D, 24 pts., 4th in Eastern Conference
Loudon United: 3W-5L-3D, 12 pts.,13th in Eastern Conference
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 13, 2019
- Battery Exit Open Cup in 3-1 Loss to Atlanta United - Charleston Battery
- Preview | Indy Eleven Look to Further Undefeated Streak vs. Loudoun United FC - Indy Eleven
- Preview: Nashville SC Looking to End Road Trip with Win at Hartford - Nashville SC
- Match Preview vs. New Mexico United - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Two Local Soccer Players Looking to Turn Heads at CapCity Cup - Ottawa Fury FC
- STLFC vs. Memphis 901 FC Rescheduled for August 6th - Saint Louis FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC V Memphis 901 FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Memphis 901 FC's Away Match at Saint Louis FC Rescheduled for August 6 - Memphis 901 FC
- Reno Set to Defend Home Pitch against La Galaxy II - Reno 1868 FC
- North Carolina FC Returns Home Saturday to Face Swope Park Rangers - North Carolina FC
- El Paso's Kiesewetter Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- Real Monarchs SLC DF Joseph Stanley Okumu Named to Kenya Roster for 2019 Africa Cup of Nations - Real Monarchs SLC
- Nashville SC to Host Club and Country Watch Party on Sunday for USWNT, Hartford Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Trades Ramone Howell to Phoenix Rising FC - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising FC Acquire Nashville SC Midfielder Ramone Howell - Phoenix Rising FC
- STLFC to Host FC Cincinnati in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Saint Louis FC
- K&L Gates Joins USL's Preferred Supplier Program - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- More Late Magic Gives Indy Eleven 2-0 Victory over Loudoun United FC
- Preview | Year-Long Home Unbeaten Streak on the Line vs. Loudoun United FC
- Indy Eleven 10-Game Unbeaten Streak Snapped Via 1-2 Loss at Hartford Athletic
- Preview | Indy Eleven Return to USL Championship Action in Rematch at Hartford Athletic
- Indy Eleven Releases Midfielder Nico Matern