Piasa Victorious over Kings
Glen Carbon, IL, 1/11/13 - The Illinois Piasa returned to action with a Friday night home match against the Cincinnati Kings. Last time out, the Piasa was beaten by the Kings, 5-4 at Cincinnati back on 12/14. The Piasa were looking for revenge at home and they got it! Former St. Louis Cardinal Pitcher Jason Isringhausen was among those in attendance.
Perhaps still feeling energized from their last game, the Piasa took a 2-0 1st Quarter lead and never looked back. The 1st Quarter goals were compliments of Jeff Stepan and Tim Vance.
The 2nd Quarter results were much of the same as Justin Judiscak tallied at the 11th minute mark and Tim Vance added his second of the game in the 14th minute. But the Kings finally got one on the board with a goal just seconds after. Halftime score was 4-1, Piasa.
Cincinnati came out of halftime and looked recharged. The Kings scored just over 1 minute in and all of a sudden it was 4-2. But the Piasa answered back with a Powerplay goal by Jon Fridal. The Kings scored again in the 5th minute, but the rest of the quarter remained silent for both teams, 5-3, Piasa.
In the 4th Quarter, the Piasa added 2 more goals by Jon Fridal and Blake Ordell, while the Kings added a goal of their own. But Alan Hagerty and the Piasa Defense held on and in the end the Piasa were victors with a 7-4 win. In all, Hagerty had 21 saves on the night and recorded his 2nd victory of the season.
The Piasa are still holding tight on 4th place with 2 Wins and 8 Losses, 2 games behind Harrisburg for 3rd.
The Piasa hit the road today for a game up in Rockford, Illinois vs. the Rampage and Elvir Kafedzic. Game time is set for 8:05 pm.
The team will return home next Saturday when they will host the Ohio Vortex, January 19, 7:35 at the Sports Academy.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from January 13, 2013
- Piasa Victorious over Kings - Illinois Piasa
- Anaheim Downs Sacramento 15-5 for Third Straight Win - Anaheim Bolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Illinois Piasa Stories
- Piasa Co-Founder, Co-Owner and General Manager Matt Williams Sells Remaining Interest in Club
- Illinois Piasa Drop Final Regular Season Home Game 6-3 to Wichita B-52s
- Illinois Piasa Hang on for Big 4-3 Win over Harrisburg Heat
- Illinois Piasa Drop Tough Loss to Cincinnati Saints 8-3
- Illinois Piasa Fall to In-State Rivals Chicago Mustangs 13-1