Piasa Announce Coaches For Upcoming Season
The Illinois Piasa of the PASL-Pro have announced a coaching change for this upcoming season. This year's team will be coached by both Joe Reiniger and Justin McMillian. In addition to having both talented coaches to lead the team, the Piasa have also added Elvir Kafedzic as the team's Assistant Coach and as a rostered player.
Joe Reiniger is a retired soccer pro who played for the St. Louis Ambush, Milwaukee Wave and the St. Louis Steamers. While playing with the Wave he was named the 2001 MVP of the NPSL Championship. In 2006 he scored his 600th career goal in front of almost 9000 fans at the Savvis Center.
Justin McMillian also has a storied soccer career in St. Louis, starting with being captain of the SIUE team that reached the Final Four in 2001. Justin was named Team Rookie of the Year for the Indiana Blast of the A-League in 2003 and Team Rookie of the Year honors for the St. Louis Steamers in 2005. He also was Captain and Assistant Coach of the St. Louis Illusion. On the coaching level, McMillian possesses his USSF National C License and is a member of the NSCAA.
He was the head coach of the women's semi-professional River Cities FC of the WPSL, where they were two-time Midwest Division Regular Season Champions (2005 and 2006) and led them to a National Championship match in its first year. Justin also has coached at CBC, SIUE and for Metro United at the club level.
Elvir Kafedzic is a Bosnian born soccer pro who immigrated to St. Louis in 1999. He attended Affton High School and played college soccer at Lindenwood, leading them to the NAIA National Championship. Elvir also played for the St. Louis Strikers, a short lived PDL team. His professional career includes playing for the St. Louis Steamers, Chicago Storm, California Cougars, and last year for AC St. Louis of the NASL.
"Our decision to bring on Joe Reiniger and Justin McMillian as co-head coaches was simple," said Jason Cawvey, owner of the Illinois Piasa.
"Nowhere else in the league will you find two more qualified individuals to run a pro soccer team. For me, it would have been a dream to get either one of these guys, but when the opportunity presented itself to have BOTH of them, I jumped at the chance without second thoughts. Both coaches bring vast experience and an absolute wealth of knowledge, coupled with their professionalism and love of the game, we can't go wrong."
In addition to being one of the Head Coaches, Justin McMillian will also be on the roster as one of the Piasa players.
The Illinois Piasa is a professional indoor soccer team entering their second season as a PASL-Pro franchise. Their Academy team, the Piasa FC, is a semi- professional indoor soccer team entering their fifth season as a PASL-Premier franchise. Both teams will play their home games at The Sports Academy, located at 101 The Game Drive, Glen Carbon, IL.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from September 27, 2011
- Louisville Lightning Partner with Evansville Crush to Host First Round of US Open Tournament - Louisville Lightning
- Piasa Announce Coaches For Upcoming Season - Illinois Piasa
- Soccer Veteran Roby Stahl Takes Over as Kings Head Coach - Cincinnati Kings
- Cincinnati Kings Debut New Website - Cincinnati Kings
- Cincinnati Kings Professional Indoor Soccer Returns for Second Season at Gardens - Cincinnati Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Illinois Piasa Stories
- Piasa Co-Founder, Co-Owner and General Manager Matt Williams Sells Remaining Interest in Club
- Illinois Piasa Drop Final Regular Season Home Game 6-3 to Wichita B-52s
- Illinois Piasa Hang on for Big 4-3 Win over Harrisburg Heat
- Illinois Piasa Drop Tough Loss to Cincinnati Saints 8-3
- Illinois Piasa Fall to In-State Rivals Chicago Mustangs 13-1