Paul Porter Signs on as Voice of the Outlaws
The Outlaws are pleased and proud to announce that national broadcasting icon Paul Porter has signed on to become the voice of the Outlaws for their home games at the Silver Spurs Arena.
He has been in radio broadcasting for nearly 30 years. He is the only public address announcer in the history of the Orlando Magic having held that position since 1989. Paul is also the public address announcer for the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning. He is the only person to have ever announced two NBA All Star games in two different cities in Cleveland in 1980 and in Orlando in 1992.
Mr. Porter recently announced the Stanley Cup Finals featuring the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004, and The World Basketball Championships in Indianapolis, Indiana in 2002. He was the voice of the NHL All Star game in Tampa in 1999 and reports news, sports, and traffic on WKES radio 91.1FM, which is rebroadcast on a four station network throughout the state of Florida. Porter is also the host of a weekly sports talk show on ESPN 1470 Saturday mornings from 10AM- Noon. He is married and lives in Tampa, Florida.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from January 12, 2006
- Lady Copperheads ready to strut their stuff at this weekend's open tryouts - Texas Copperheads
- Rage Gear Up For Exciting Year At Savvis - RiverCity Rage
- River Sharks Hire Defensive Line Coach - Tennessee River Sharks
- Paul Porter Signs on as Voice of the Outlaws - Osceola Ghostriders