Outlaws become Mavericks
Say goodbye to the Outlaws and hello to the Mavericks.
The Billings team in the National Indoor Football League has undergone a name change, which was announced Thursday by Montana Professional Sports Inc., the team's new owners.
"This group of young men have come together in such a short time and are preparing hard for the opening game (March 26 at MetraPark Arena) against the Everett (Wash,) Hawks," said Craig Gould, the team's director of sales and marketing. "The name 'Mavericks' really complements these players and their great attitude."
The Mavericks will unveil their new look today through Sunday while appearing at the MORE show in MetraPark's Expo Center. Players, coaches and staff will be available for pictures and autographs.
Schedules and posters will be distributed. There will also be opportunities for free tickets to the March 26 season opener.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from March 18, 2005
- Outlaws become Mavericks - Billings Outlaws
- Miami Morays week one game preview - Miami Morays
- Players Lend Habitat a Helping Hand - West Texas Roughnecks
- Cavalry ready to open season - Wyoming Cavalry
- Maulers individual tickets on sale Monday - Montgomery Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.