Orlando City B Falls to Richmond Kickers
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Orlando City B (1-9-3, 6 points) fell 3-1 on Wednesday morning to the Richmond Kickers (8-5-2, 26 points) at Osceola County Stadium.
OCB started the game off strong by putting the ball in the back of the net in the eighth minute. The versatile outside back Moises Tablante dribbled past two Kickers defenders on the left side to find Brazilian midfielder Kenji Tanaka, who beat Kickers goalkeeper Akira Fitzgerald to score his second goal of the season. In the 18th minute, goalkeeper Austin Aviza performed a goal-stopping save, followed by another clearance in the box to keep the Kickers scoreless at the time.
In the 24th minute, the Kickers were awarded a penalty kick after the ball touched defender Daniel Rosario's hands in the box, who had to exit the match after being shown a red card. Aviza, who entered the match sitting at third place in USL League One with 42 saves, denied Matt Buldoc's penalty kick in the lower right corner to keep the Lions ahead in the game.
The Kickers equalized in the 36th minute after 24 year-old forward Mutaya Mwape attempted a left-footed shot from outside the box that found the upper corner of the Lions net. Richmond scored the eventual game-winner in the 51st minute after Stanley Alves netted a right-footed shot from the center of the box into the right corner. Oalex Anderson added another in the 64th minute for the Kickers to secure the win and their spot in the
League One playoffs.
Aviza now leads all of League One with 50 saves this season. The Lions return to Osceola County Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 24 to take on league leaders Greenville Triumph SC at 1 p.m. ET.
Teams 1 2 F
Orlando City B 1 0 1
Richmond Kickers 1 2 3
ORL - Kenji Tanaka (Moises Tablante) 8'
RIC - Mutaya Mwape (Gregory Boehme) 36'
RIC - Stanley Alves (Mumbi Kwesele) 51'
RIC - Oalex Anderson (Scott Thomsen) 64'
RIC - Matt Bolduc (Yellow Card) 7'
RIC - Ivan Magalhaes (Yellow Card) 16'
ORL - Moises Tablante (Yellow Card) 20'
ORL - Daniel Rosario (Red Card) 24'
ORL - Mateo Rodas (Yellow Card) 30'
ORL - Jonathan Rosales (Yellow Card) 61'
Orlando City B - GK Austin Aviza; D Jonathan Rosales, Thomas Williams, Daniel Rosario, Moises Tablante; M Adam Ozeri (Franklin Carabali 58'), Austin Amer (Juan Pablo Monticelli 57'), Kenji Tanaka (Aleksandar Gluvacevic 66'), Jose Quintero (Owen Guske 65'); F Wilfredo Rivera ©, Julian Kennedy (Mateo Rodas 28')
Unused Substitutes: GK Russell Robles; D Theodore Ndje
Richmond Kickers - GK Akira Fitzgerald; D Scott Thomsen (Luke Pavone 79'), Ivan Magalhaes, Kyle Venter ©, Wahab Ackwei; M Victor Falck, Mumbi Kwesele, Greg Boehme (Ryley Kraft 80'); F Matt Bolduc (David Diosa 70'), Stanley Alves (Oalex Anderson, 56'), Mutaya Mwape (Jonathan Bolanos 56')
Unused Substitutes: GK Lee Johnson; D Gianluca Cuomo
Details of the Game:
Time: 11 a.m. ET
Date: October 21, 2020
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from October 21, 2020
- North Texas SC Defeats Forward Madison FC 1-0 to Keep Its Season Alive - North Texas SC
- Forward Madison Falls in Final Seconds against North Texas SC - Forward Madison FC
- Tormenta FC Dominates New England 4-0 - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Revolution II Falls, 4-0, at Tormenta FC - New England Revolution II
- Orlando City B Falls to Richmond Kickers - Orlando City B
- Kickers Take Victory on the Road at Orlando - Richmond Kickers
- Josh Coan, Sam Biek, Charlie Dennis Earn TOTW Honors - FC Tucson
- Red Wolves Draw P!NK out Match in Home Finale - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City B Stories
- Orlando City B Announces Roster Statuses Following 2020 Season
- Orlando City B Falls to League One Leader Greenville
- Orlando City B to Play Season Finale against Greenville Triumph
- Orlando City B Falls to Richmond Kickers
- Orlando City B Returns Home to Face the Richmond Kickers