Orlando Apollos Week 3 Game Preview
Head coach Steve Spurrier and the Orlando Apollos return to the City Beautiful for their second home game in an Eastern Conference clash against head coach Mike Singletary and the Memphis Express.
Orlando overcame a 12-point deficit in the second half and ended the game on a 20-0 run to defeat the San Antonio Commanders on the road in Week 2, 37-29.
Express RB Zac Stacy, who leads The Alliance in rushing yards (159), was the first player with 100+ rushing yards in a game in Alliance history last week.
Memphis is still looking for their first win - they lost their inaugural home game in Week 2 against the Arizona Hotshots, 20-18.
All other Week 3 games also feature conference matchups - early Saturday, it's Arizona vs. Salt Lake (3pm ET, B/R Live). On Sunday, it's Birmingham vs. Atlanta in the afternoon (4pm ET, CBS Sports Network) followed by San Antonio vs. San Diego (8pm ET, NFL Network) in the night game.
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from February 20, 2019
- Orlando Apollos Week 3 Game Preview - Orlando Apollos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Apollos Stories
- Statement from the Orlando Apollos
- Two Orlando Apollos, Fleet DB Earn Week Eight Alliance Honors
- Apollos first in The Alliance to clinch a playoff spot after 36-6 rout of Legends
- Desperate Hotshots Hold off Apollos
- Hotshots hand Apollos their first loss of the season, 22-17