Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assigns Jones and Liggins to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers
December 19, 2012 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2012 - The Oklahoma City Thunder today re-assigned Perry Jones and DeAndre Liggins to the Tulsa 66ers, the Thunder's NBA Development League affiliate. The assignments are the second for both Jones and Liggins, and the 59th and 60th of the 2012-13 NBA and NBA D-League seasons. They are among the 36 NBA players who have been assigned this season.
Jones (6-11, 235, Baylor) has appeared in 10 games for the Thunder this season, averaging 1.2 points, 1.4 rebounds and 7.6 minutes. In his first NBA D-League stint, he played in two games for the 66ers. On Dec. 5 vs. Sioux Falls, he tallied 21 points and seven rebounds. Originally selected 28th overall in the 2012 NBA Draft by the Thunder, Jones averaged 13.7 points, 7.4 rebounds and 32.3 minutes in his collegiate career.
Liggins (6-6, 209, Kentucky) joins Tulsa having appeared in seven games for the Thunder this season. A second-year guard, Liggins was originally selected by the Magic in the second round, 53rd overall, of the 2011 NBA Draft and was acquired by the Thunder in September. In 17 games for Orlando during his rookie campaign, he averaged 1.9 points and 6.8 minutes.
Jones and Liggins are expected to join the 66ers and be available this Friday when Tulsa plays host to the Iowa Energy at SpiritBank Event Center.
Thunder fans can follow Jones and Liggins during their time with the 66ers by logging onto NBADLeague.com to watch all of the team's games live, online, for free.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 19, 2012
- Los Angeles D-Fenders and Santa Monica Non-Profit Connections For Children Team Up for Holiday Angel - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Detroit Pistons Recall Khris Middleton and Kim English from Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Recall Copeland and White from BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Armor Acquire Ramone Moore - Springfield Armor
- Spurs Assign Kawhi Leonard to Austin Toros for Rehab Assignment - Austin Spurs
- San Antonio Spurs Assign Kawhi Leonard to NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - G League
- Where to Park for Santa Cruz Warriors Home Games - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Perry Jones and Deandre Liggins Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assigns Jones and Liggins to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - G League
- Goldcamp Officially Joins BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.