Ohio Machine Add John Yozzo-Scaperrotta
COLUMBUS, Ohio- The Ohio Machine have announced the addition of John Yozzo-Scaperrotta to the 25-man roster. Connor Cannizzaro, the Machine's No. 5 pick at the 2017 MLL Draft, has announced his retirement and has been placed on the voluntary retirement list.
Yozzo-Scaperrotta has been in the league since 2016 and has played in 19 games. The defender was picked up by the Chesapeake Bayhawks from the player pool in the middle of the 2016 season before being traded to the Atlanta Blaze. He played 11 games and scored two goals for the Blaze. In 2017, he was traded to the Florida Launch where he played in eight games and grabbed six groundballs.
At Brown, Yozzo-Scaperrotta played in 38 games over four seasons, recording four goals, 27 groundballs, and 10 caused turnovers.
Cannizzaro played two seasons with the Machine after being drafted prior to the 2017 season. A 2017 Rookie of the Week, Cannizzaro scored 30 career regular season goals and seven in the 2017 playoffs, including four in the championship game. He finishes with 12 assists and 34 groundballs.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from June 27, 2018
- MLL All-Star Game to be Televised - Atlanta Blaze
- Ohio Machine Add John Yozzo-Scaperrotta - Ohio Machine
- ESPN to Televise MLL's All-Star Game on ESPN2 or ESPNNews Thursday Night - MLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Machine Stories
- Ohio Machine Sign Midfielders Kiel Matisz, Cam Holding, Tucker Ciessau and Jeff Edwards
- Ohio Machine Announce 2019 Regular Season Schedule Dates
- Ohio Machine Sign Warren Hill, Holden Cattoni and JP Kealey
- Ohio Machine Sign Mike Begley and Johnny Pearson
- Ohio Machine Sign Another Seven Players