Ohio Machine Activate First Round Draft Pick Justin Guterding
COLUMBUS, Ohio-The Ohio Machine have announced the activation of their 2018 MLL Draft first round pick Justin Guterding from the Collegiate Inactive List. Also returning to the Machine's roster is faceoff specialist Greg Puskuldjian, who is activated from IR.
Guterding, an attackman out of Duke, was picked ninth overall by the Machine at this year's MLL draft. He has been activated from the collegiate inactive list following his team's appearance in the NCAA championship game. Having started every game of his career for the Blue Devils, Guterding now holds the NCAA record in career goals and points with 212 and 351, respectively. Guterding, the 2015 ACC Rookie of the Year, was a two-time Tewaarton Nominee and a finalist for the trophy this year. Following the 2018 season, he led the ACC in goals per game (3.30), assists per game (2.35), and points per game (5.65).
Puskuldjian returns to the Machine active roster after a stint on the IR. The faceoff specialist won 14 of 38 faceoffs in the Machine's season opener against the New York Lizards. In the 2017 season, he ranked second on the team with 52 ground balls and finished with a faceoff percentage of .381. Puskuldjian has been with the Machine for three seasons after being claimed from the player pool during the 2015 season.
In a corresponding move, the Machine have moved Michael Noone and Alex Spring to the practice squad and have waived Casey Dowd and Robbie Guiliano from the practice squad.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from June 6, 2018
- Ohio Machine Game Preview: Game Six at Denver Outlaws - Ohio Machine
- Ohio Machine Activate First Round Draft Pick Justin Guterding - Ohio Machine
- Dallas Rattlers Return Home Thursday - Dallas Rattlers
- Buffalo Wild Wings Hosts Florida Launch Watch Party - Florida Launch
- 2018 Futures Camp Coaches Announced - Boston Cannons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Machine Stories
- Ohio Machine Fall 17-16 in Dallas Despite Holman's Six Goals
- Ohio Machine Add Latrell Harris and Marcus Willis to the 25-Man Roster
- Machine to Host Blackout Game on June 23rd
- Eight Machine Players Will Play in 2018 MLL All Star Game
- Machine Activate Midfielder Ryan Keenan