Offseason Sit-Down: Kassie Moeller
For this sit-down we speak with Kassie Moeller, the Marketing Coordinator for the Stockton Kings
As a Marketing Coordinator, what are your responsibilities?
As a Marketing Coordinator, my role is to help tell the story of our brand in an engaging way, which generates revenue. I work alongside all departments to help keep our brand consistent and enticing through various avenues including digital, print, broadcast media, and more. Basically, anything the public sees we helped create.
How did you know you that you wanted to work in sports marketing?
I was involved in sports as long as I can remember, so it was a natural progression for me to continue with sports after my days as a collegiate athlete. I didn't learn my passion for marketing until my time in the Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management program where I was inspired by Dr. Bill Sutton and his coursework.
Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to break into the industry?
Network. It is such an overused/misused term in the industry, but it is beyond true. Reach out. Talk to people. Build lasting connections. Almost everyone in the sports industry is more than willing to meet with you and help in any way they can - you just have to ask. Once you build these relationships, continue them and build value in any way you can. The world is a lot smaller than people think.
What is your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part about my job is coming in and being surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do and excited about doing it. Every day it feels like there is some fun, new project to be involved in.
What are you most looking forward to this upcoming season?
I am looking forward to seeing all of our hard work pay off at each of the games this season. It is such a team effort and I can't wait to see everything from the fans, to the entertainment, to the team performance play out this season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Offseason Sit-Down: Kassie Moeller - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Announce Open Tryouts - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings to Hold Open Tryouts Ahead of 2019-20 Season - Stockton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers Comeback to Beat Stockton Kings in Thriller, 134-131
- Cody Demps and Eric Mika Named to USA Men's AmeriCup Qualifying Team
- Former Kings Two-Way Player Wenyen Gabriel Earns First NBA Start
- Stockton Kings Defeat Memphis Hustle 137-126
- Stockton Native, Kings Alum Gabe Vincent Earns First NBA Action