NY Lizards Take on Atlanta Blaze in Final Home Game of the Season
The New York Lizards MLL Lacrosse team will host the Atlanta Blaze in their final home game of the season on Saturday, September 21 at 7:00 p.m. at Hofstra University's Shuart Stadium, located at 147 Hempstead Turnpike, Hempstead NY 11549.
The game will broadcast on ESPN+. Check local listings. Full game schedule available at: https://nylizards.majorleaguelacrosse.com/schedule.aspx?path=mlax&schedule=2
The Lizards will also host "Salute to Heroes Night," honoring local military service members and first responders in a halftime ceremony:
- FIRE: David June (Selden, NY), a member of the Holbrook Fire Department since 1989, he was named firefighter of the year in 2004 and elected captain in 2007. David joined the Islip Town Firefighters Museum in 2004.
- EMS: John Morovich (Westbury, NY), who has served 20+ years in EMS in NYC and Long Island and is a Paramedic Supervisor with Northwell Health EMS.
- MILITARY: First Lieutenant Joseph J. Theinert (Sag Harbor, NY), killed in action in Afghanistan in 2010 while serving with the 1st squadron, 71st Cavalry Regiment. His family, which established the Joseph J. Theinert Memorial Fund in his memory, will receive the posthumous honor.
Honorees will be presented with a special NY Lizards "Salute to Heroes" jersey, which the team will be wearing in this special tribute game. The uniforms feature a green camouflage theme on the jersey and shorts. The player number is filled in with a red white and blue, stars and stripes design, surrounded by images that pay tribute to first responders including police, fire and armed services. The uniforms worn by players during the game will be signed and auctioned off on the New York Lizards eBay store to benefit Lead the Way Fund, Islip Town Firefighters Museum and Northwell EMS. The auction will start on Monday, September 23 at 3:00pm EDT. Additionally, one jersey signed by the entire team will be auctioned.
Photos of NY Lizards "Salute to Heroes" uniforms, being worn by Rob Pannell, Dylan Molloy, Austin Kaut and Kevin Crowley: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qyq7mnnzc9gjx17/AABRZkyosNQv5_TdL5oSeTdOa?dl=0
Fans arriving early for the game can participate in a pre-game raffle for two NY Lizards Jerseys, a Rob Pannell autographed ball and a Kevin Crowley autographed cleat. Fans must fill out an entry card at Guest Services by 6pm to be entered in the drawing.
Also, the Lizards will hand out free, patriotic-themed thundersticks to fans on a first come first serve basis, sponsored by Lifestyle Sports.
Discounted tickets will be available to active duty military members and first responders (police, fire, EMS) and their families with a valid ID. To purchase tickets visit: http://offers.nylizards.com/single-game-tickets
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from September 17, 2019
- MLL Week 16: Playoff Picture - MLL
- NY Lizards Take on Atlanta Blaze in Final Home Game of the Season - New York Lizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Lizards Stories
- NY Lizards Win against Atlanta Blaze in Final Game of the Season
- NY Lizards Take on Atlanta Blaze in Final Home Game of the Season
- NY Lizards to Wear Special Jerseys for "Salute to Heroes" Game on September 21
- NY Lizards Lose to Denver Outlaws, 15-12
- NY Lizards Take on Denver Outlaws at Hofstra Stadium in "College Night" Home Game