NY Lizards Lacrosse Loses Fifth and Final Game of Compressed 2020 Season, 12-11
Anapolis, MD - The New York Lizards MLL Lacrosse team lost their fifth game of the compressed 2020 season to the Philadelphia Barrage by a score of 12-11 in regular play here today. The Lizards' team record this season stands at 0-5 and the loss eliminates them from the MLL playoffs which will be held over the coming weekend.
Rookie attackman Colin Minicus scored the tie-breaking goal with 1:55 remaining in the fourth quarter of the game, held at Navy-Marine Corp Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland. With the win, the Barrage remain alive for a post-season berth while the Lizards' season is over as they have been eliminated from playoff contention. New York had a 3-2 lead after one quarter, a 5-3 edge at the half, and a 9-6 advantage after three quarters.
Connor O'Hara scored his third goal of the game 32 seconds into the fourth quarter to give the Lizards (0-5) a 10-6 lead. But Philadelphia (3-2), who hadn't had the lead since a 2-1 edge in the first quarter, outscored the Lizards 6-1 the rest of the way including the final four goals of the game to pull out the victory. O'Hara netted his fourth hat trick and finished the season with a team high 14 goals.
Nick Aponte also scored three goals giving him a total of four on the season while Brendan Kearns tallied twice and finishes the season with three. Captain Dylan Molloy scored his eighth goal of the season, first-round pick Colin Burke found the back of the net for his fourth goal and Decker Curran tallied his fifth of the season.
For Philadelphia, Tyson Gibson netted a hat trick while Brendan Sunday, Jon Mazza and Ryan MacSpayden each scored twice.
The Major League Lacrosse semifinals will take place on Saturday with the first game starting at 4pm and the second contest beginning at 7pm. Both games can be seen live on ESPN+. The 2020 MLL Championship Game will take place on Sunday afternoon at 1pm and that came can be seen live on ESPN.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from July 23, 2020
- MLL 2020 Day 6 Recap - MLL
- NY Lizards Lacrosse Loses Fifth and Final Game of Compressed 2020 Season, 12-11 - New York Lizards
- The Keystone Connection - Philadelphia Barrage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Lizards Stories
- Thomas O'Connell has Bright Future for Lizards, Puerto Rico Lacrosse
- Meet Cheryl Kaut, Proud Mother of the New York Lizards Goaltender
- NY Lizards Lacrosse Loses Fifth and Final Game of Compressed 2020 Season, 12-11
- NY Lizards Lacrosse Drops Fourth Game of Compressed 2020 Season to Connecticut Hammerheads, 10-8
- NY Lizards Drop Third Game of Compressed 2020 MLL Season to Denver Outlaws, 12-11