Northeastern Captain Paige Capistran Joins the Defense of the Boston Pride
BOSTON -Â The Boston Pride have added to their outstanding corps of defenders today with the signing of Paige Capistran, one of the club's selections in the 2020 NWHL Draft in April.
In 2019-20, Capistran captained Northeastern to their winningest season in program history. After the Huskies won 32 games but had their season abbreviated when sports stopped during the pandemic, Capistran declared that she was inspired to continue playing hockey as a professional. She is expected to be of the Pride's top newcomers in the upcoming season.
"I am so proud of Cap and I congratulate her on joining the Boston Pride," said Northeastern assistant coach Lindsay Berman, a former player and coach in the NWHL. "With her determination to get better every day and her love of hockey, I know she will make her mark with the Pride as she did at Northeastern. The Pride gained not only a great defenseman, but also a phenomenal person and natural leader."
The 5-5 defender earned the Hockey East Sportsmanship Award earlier this year after completing her 145-game collegiate career at Northeastern. Prior to college, Capistran played for the Mid-Fairfield CT Stars and at the Westminster School and Loomis Chaffee School.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2020
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Briana Mastel Is Back to Take Care of Unfinished Business' with the Boston Pride
- Boston Pride's NWHL Title Banners Join City's Other Champions in Logan Airport Display
- Boston Inks Clarkson D Taylor Turnquist, as Pride Goes 6-For-6 in Signing 2020 NWHL Draft Picks
- Northeastern Captain Paige Capistran Joins the Defense of the Boston Pride
- Goaltender Victoria Hanson Re-Signed by the Boston Pride