Nords Put up a Great Show in Their Last Game at Home
The Maine Nordiques were fresh off a 8-3 win against the Tomahawks and looked to end the season at home on a good note.
The first period started with some back and forth action and Patrick Schmedlin would get the scoring going midway through the first period. The Tomahawks would quickly respond; however and make it 1-1. The Nords saw Caden Pattison win a fight in his last game at the Colisee and at the end of one it was 1-1.
The Nords and Tomahawks came out into the second looking for the upper hand and it came on a Tomahawks power play goal. The Nords then would get a power play, but the Hawks would get a shorthanded goal and an even strength goal to make it 4-1.
In the third the Nords came out flying as they got a power play and Theo Thrun cranked one top shelf to make it 4-2. The hawks would then respond to get it right back but the Nords would respond with two more to pull it within one. With time winding down in the game the Nords pulled Gus Holt for the extra attacker and the Tomahawks scored to seal it and take a 6-4 win.
The Maine Nordiques would like to thank all of Nordique Nation for their support this season and wish their 2001's the best of luck! We will see you guys again in September!
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2022
- Jacks Sweep Amarillo. Win Season Series 5-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Rays Snap Bugs' Win Streak - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Calafiore's Goal in SO Gives Titans 2-1 Win over Black Bears - New Jersey Titans
- Nords Put up a Great Show in Their Last Game at Home - Maine Nordiques
- Black Bears Top Nords in a Shootout - Maine Nordiques
- 'A Weekend Doesn't Make a Season' - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.