NHL Home Ice Adds More Calder Cup Playoff Action
May 10, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that two more Calder Cup Playoff games have been added to the schedule on the all-hockey NHL Home Ice channel on SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
NHL Home Ice will carry AHL Western Conference semifinal action featuring the Oklahoma City Barons (top development team of the Edmonton Oilers) and the San Antonio Rampage (Florida Panthers), as well as Eastern Conference semifinal play between the Norfolk Admirals (Tampa Bay Lightning) and the Connecticut Whale (New York Rangers).
AHL on NHL Home Ice
Thu., May 10 - Oklahoma City at San Antonio, 8:00 ET (Game 4; OKC leads series, 2-1)
Fri., May 11 - Connecticut at Norfolk, 7:30 ET (Game 6; NOR leads series, 3-2)
Additional future games will be announced at a later date.
This is the seventh consecutive year that AHL action has aired on NHL Home Ice, including the annual AHL All-Star Game, the Calder Cup Finals and other regular-season and playoff games.
NHL Home Ice can be found on Sirius 207 and XM 92, providing more than 20 million subscribers in Canada and the United States with groundbreaking 24/7 hockey talk. SiriusXM is home to live play-by-play coverage of every National Hockey League game during the regular season and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
In operation since 1936, the American Hockey League continues to serve as the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 88 percent of all players competing in the NHL this season have been AHL graduates, and through the years the American Hockey League has been home to more than 100 honored members of the Hockey Hall of Fame.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 10, 2012
- Rampage Drop Game 4 to Barons 2-1 in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Morris to Coach Monarchs for 2012-13 Season - Manchester Monarchs
- First-Rounder McIlrath Happy to Get into the Mix - Connecticut Whale
- Senators Sign Defenceman Fredrik Claesson to Entry-Level Contract - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Board of Governors Approves Ownership Transfer of Peoria Rivermen - AHL
- Williams Encourages Fans to Ride the White Wave - St. John's IceCaps
- NHL Home Ice Adds More Calder Cup Playoff Action - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Raise over $250,000 for Charities - Worcester Sharks
- Blues and Rivermen Sold to St. Louis-Based Group - Peoria Rivermen
- Toronto Defeats Abbotsford 3-2 In Game Five - Toronto Marlies
- Toronto Advances to Western Conference Final - Toronto Marlies
- Marlies Knock Heat out of Playoffs in OT - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.