New York Riptide Sign Scott Johnston to One-Year Contract
Uniondale, NY - The New York Riptide announced today that the team has signed defenseman Scott Johnston to a one-year contract extension. The deal is pending league approval.
Per team policy, no terms were announced.
In nine games for the Riptide this season, Johnston had one goal and one assist to go along with 39 loose ball pickups and four caused turnovers.
"Scott brings a stable presence to our back end," Riptide General Manager Jim Veltman said. "We are pleased to have him compete for a roster spot at training camp."
Selected 24th overall by the Rochester Knighthawks in the 2010 NLL Entry Draft, the 5-foot-11 righthander has spent six seasons in the NLL. Throughout his career, he has seen action in 44 games with 14 points on nine goals and five assists in addition to 218 loose balls and 16 caused turnovers.
The Riptide will return to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum for the franchise's second season this December. Fans have a chance to be one of the first to own a player tee of 2020 first overall pick Jeff Teat! For a limited time, place a $50 deposit per seat on a Season Ticket Membership and receive a free Jeff Teat player t-shirt. While supplies last. Head to newyorkriptide.com/seasonmemberships or on social media at @NewYorkRiptide for details.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 23, 2021
- New York Riptide Sign Scott Johnston to One-Year Contract - New York Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Riptide Stories
- Riptide Fall in Overtime 13-12
- New York Riptide Announce Broadcast Partners and Schedule for 2021-22 National Lacrosse League Season
- New York Riptide Renew Partnership with Orlin & Cohen Orthopedic Group
- New York Riptide Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale
- New York Riptide Unveil 2021-22 Season Schedule