New York Riptide Sign Schott
Uniondale, NY - The New York Riptide announced today that the team has signed defender Ethan Schott to a one-year contract.
Per team policy, no terms were released.
Selected by the Riptide in the 2019 NLL Expansion Draft, Schott saw action in 21 games over three seasons. The 6-foot-1 right-hander has scooped up 73 loose balls in his career, caused 17 turnovers, and has seven career assists. Schott was chosen 20th overall (second round) in the 2017 NLL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Bandits.
"We are looking forward to seeing Ethan's game challenge guys for a roster spot," said Riptide General Manager Jim Veltman. "Training camp will be competitive and adding Ethan to that climate will raise the level of play. I can't wait to see how his game has evolved over the offseason."
The Riptide will return to Nassau Coliseum for the franchise's second season in 2020-21. For more information, please visit NewYorkRiptide.com or on social media at @NewYorkRiptide.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 18, 2020
- New York Riptide Sign Schott - New York Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Riptide Stories
- Riptide Hire Angus Dineley as Goalie Coach
- Riptide Acquire Marinier from Philadelphia
- New York Riptide Sign Schott
- New York Riptide Announce Return to MSG Networks for the 2021 National Lacrosse League Season Targeted to Begin in April
- New York Riptide Returning to Nassau Coliseum for 2021 Season; Riptide Targeting to Play NLL Faceoff Weekend April 9-11, 2021