New York Empire Unable to Host WTT this Summer
The New York Empire will play this summer's World TeamTennis season, along with the League's eight other franchises, at one location and venue that will be announced on or before June 1.
In light of the recent update to the stay-at-home order in New York state, however, New York is no longer among the cities WTT is considering for play this summer. The Empire shelved plans upon the COVID-19 outbreak to announce a new, Manhattan-based host venue for the upcoming season and will revisit those plans in 2021.
• Discuss this story on the World TeamTennis message board...
World TeamTennis Stories from May 15, 2020
- New York Empire Unable to Host WTT this Summer - New York Empire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Empire Stories
- New York Empire Unable to Host WTT this Summer
- New York Empire Turn in Historic Performance in 2019 Season
- CBS to Air World TeamTennis Finals Encore Featuring New York Empire
- New York Empire Advance to World Teamtennis Final with 24-18 Win over Philadelphia Freedoms
- New York Empire Upset Top-Seeded Philadelphia Freedoms, Advance to Championship