Morgan Earns AFL Weekly Award
Anaheim, CA - The Arena Football League announced that LA KISS wide receiver Donovan Morgan (6'3, 215, Louisiana-Lafayette) has been awarded the Week 9 "J. Lewis Small Playmaker of the Week" for his performance last Saturday's game against the Portland Steel. The award is Morgan's second of the 2016 season, following his "Cutters Catch of the Week" award from Week 1, and the fourth for the LA KISS. Defensive backs Rayshaun Kizer and Josh Victorian received the "Riddell Defensive Player of the Week" awards in Week 3 and Week 6, respectively.
"Donovan has stepped up his game over the past few weeks," said LA KISS Head Coach Omarr Smith. "He is one of the AFL's all-time great receivers and we look forward to seeing what he will be able to do the rest of the season as he becomes more confortable with our offense."
Morgan led the LA KISS receiving corps with seven catches for 100 yards and four touchdowns in the LA KISS' 54-42 victory. During the game, he moved into the seventh position of the AFL all-time receiving yards leaderboard. So far this season, the LA KISS' all-time leading receiver has recorded 48 receptions for 624 yards and 21 touchdowns.
The LA KISS will look to find more success on Sunday, June 5th when they host the Orlando Predators at the Honda Center. Kickoff is set for 3:00 p.m. and the game will be available to be streamed live on ESPN3/WatchESPN.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from May 31, 2016
- Week 9 Game Preview: Arizona Rattlers (6-3) at Cleveland Gladiators (5-4) - Arizona Rattlers
- Morgan Earns AFL Weekly Award - Los Angeles KISS
- Sharks Acquire Four-Time All-Arena Receiver Reggie Gray - Jacksonville Sharks
- Storm's Toliver Honored by Arena Football League - Tampa Bay Storm
- AFL Awards Week 9 Players of the Week - AFL
- Tampa Bay Storm at Portland Steel Game Preview - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles KISS Stories
- Arena Football League's L.A. KISS Apparently Have Folded, Leaving
- LA KISS Eliminated from Postseason with Loss to Cleveland
- LA KISS Drop Regular Season Finale to the Steel, 48-46
- Injuries Plague LA KISS, Fall to Sharks 46-32
- LA KISS Look to Clinch First Home Postseason Game