Monarchs Forward/Guard Hamchétou Maïga-Ba Undergoes Surgery
SACRAMENTO, CALIF., Nov. 13, 2009 -Sacramento Monarchs forward/guard Hamchétou Maïga-Ba underwent successful arthroscopic debridement surgery on her left ankle this morning. Team Doctor Kirk Lewis performed the surgery at the UC Davis same day surgery center. It is projected she will be out three to four weeks and a complete recovery is expected.
Maïga-Ba initially sprained her ankle during the game against the Phoenix Mercury at US Airways Center on June 13, 2009. After her ankle continued to bother her throughout the season, a recent MRI determined that surgery was necessary.
Despite her ongoing injury, Maïga-Ba played in all 34 games including five starts during the 2009 regular season. She averaged 8.9 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.91 steals and 0.24 blocks per game; additionally, Maïga-Ba set new career-highsin points (20 at Minnesota, Aug. 28), free throws made and attempted (7-of-8 vs. San Antonio, July 30) and blocks (2, several times, last at Atlanta, Aug. 25).
Expect Great Basketball in 2010 at ARCO Arena! Flexible ticket plans are on sale now. To purchase tickets or for more information, please visit SacramentoMonarchs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from November 13, 2009
- Monarchs Forward/Guard Hamchétou Maïga-Ba Undergoes Surgery - Sacramento Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Monarchs Stories
- Monarchs Forward/Guard Hamchétou Maïga-Ba Undergoes Surgery
- Monarchs Guard Ticha Penicheiro Undergoes Successful Surgery
- Monarchs' Center Courtney Paris Receives WNBA Cares Community Assist Award for August
- Sacramento Monarchs weekly update
- Sacramenton Monarchs, Rotary and Kiwanis Clubs and Wells Fargo Team Up to Win Toyota Rebound Contest