Minnesota Swarm Featured in the No. 1 Highlight on ESPN
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The National Lacrosse League's (NLL) Minnesota Swarm (5-7) and Philadelphia Wings (5-6) were featured on SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays on Friday, March 29.
The No. 1 Play of the Night came midway into the 1st Quarter when Swarm forward Callum Crawford launched a shot toward Wings goalie Angus Dineley with the Minnesota leading 2-0. The ball then snuck past Dineley, and appeared to have rolled into the net, however Wings defenseman Brett Manney stopped the ball from crossing the line with a diving save.
Watch the play here: http://youtu.be/8-RjbnNUR_I
Game Highlights: http://youtu.be/KON22fqOcMs
Minnesota won the contest in convincing fashion, 20-11, and set a new team record for most goals in a game (20) and a single half (15).
The Swarm returns to The Hive next Saturday, April 6 to face the Buffalo Bandits (5-8) on Treasure Island Field at Xcel Energy Center. Faceoff is set for 7 p.m. CT. Tickets are available by visiting mnswarm.com or calling 1-888-MN-SWARM.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 30, 2013
- Mammoth Win Despite Being Held Scoreless in Second Half - Colorado Mammoth
- Rock Drop 12-8 Decision to Knighthawks - Toronto Rock
- Minnesota Swarm Featured in the No. 1 Highlight on ESPN - Minnesota Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Swarm Stories
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Relocation Plans for 2016
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Coaching Staff Change
- Minnesota Swarm Win Overtime Thriller against Rochester in Season
- Minnesota Swarm Face Knighthawks in Last Game of Season
- Minnesota Swarm's Comeback Not Enough against Edmonton