Minneosta Thunder loses 0 -1 in Battle with Rochester
Johnny Menyongar celebrated a homecoming of sorts against the Minnesota Thunder, scoring for the Rochester Rhinos for a 1-0 win in a USL First Division game Sunday evening. Menyongar, a Thunder fan favorite who started his professional career in Minnesota scored for the Rhinos in the 19th minute of the game on a crossing ball he volleyed into the net from 15 yards out. The Thunder continues to look for a way to break out of their winless streak, now at 11 games. For additional details see Thunder Game Summary
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from July 21, 2008
- Rhinos Rally around Pittsford's National Soccer Superstar - Rochester Rhinos
- Rochester Shoots to Third Place in Standings - Rochester Rhinos
- Battery heads to West Coast for pair of games - Charleston Battery
- Impact Plays The Decisive Game Of The Nutrilite Canadian Championship Tuesday In Toronto - Montreal Impact
- Minneosta Thunder loses 0 -1 in Battle with Rochester - Minnesota Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Thunder Stories
- Majors Post Back-To-Back Wins Up North
- Final Thunder Match of 2009 Ends in 3-2 Loss to Battery
- Final Thunder Away Match Ends in 1-1 Draw with Montreal Impact
- Minnesota Thunder Handily Defeats Puerto Rico Islanders 5-2
- Minnesota Thunder Tie Vancouver Whitecaps 1-1