Mill Rats Grind out Road Win Over Rainmen
(December 16, 2010 Halifax, N.S.): The Saint John Mill Rats ground out a road win against the Halifax Rainmen 91-88 before a capacity crowd at the Metro Centre. The victory avenged last Friday's loss to the Rainmen at Harbour Station.
The Mill Rats opened with an early 26-19 first quarter lead, but Halifax took control in the third quarter and led 52-46 at the half.
Plagued by foul trouble to the Mill Rats big men Toree Morris, Stanley Ocitti, and Jeffrey Ferguson, the Mill Rats guards and wings had to focus on moving their feet and keeping the Rainmen out of the lane. The strategy worked as the Mill Rats offense keep churning out points behind Marc Egerson's 29 and newly acquired Anthony Anderson's 22.
Steve Deluca iced the game down the stretch at the foul line. Centre Toree Morris contributed 16 points and 15 rebounds. Taliek Brown led Halifax with 16.
The Mill Rats hit the road to Vermont for a Sunday 2pm EST tip off, followed by a game at Quebec on Monday night. The regular season home opener for the Mill Rats is January 2nd at 4:00pm versus the Quebec Kebs.
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from December 16, 2010
- Halifax Rainmen Fall to Saint John Mill Rats - Halifax Rainmen
- Mill Rats Grind out Road Win Over Rainmen - Saint John Riptide
- Millyard News from Saint John Mill Rats - Saint John Riptide
- Rainmen Welcome Marshall Brown - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Riptide Stories
- Riptide Finish Regular Season, Play Moncton Friday to Open Playoffs
- Tip-In Lifts Riptide to Victory and into the Playoffs
- Irish Eyes Smile on Riptide in Win over St. John's
- Riptide Playoff Packages Available Online Now
- Late Comeback Falls Short as 'Tide Drop Close One to Titans