Mill Rats Add Ex-NY Knick Chris Smith
(Saint John, NB): Mill Rats have added 6'2 shooting guard Chris Smith, a former New York Knick, and brother of Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith.
Chris played college basketball for Rick Pitino at Louisville where he was team captain and averaged 9.7 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game in 2011-12. Louisville won the Big East Tournament in 2012 and reached the NCAA Final Four.
After going undrafted in 2012, Smith was signed by the Knicks as a free agent, but sustained a knee injury in preseason. He re-joined New York the following year where he earned a 1-year guaranteed contract, and appeared in 2 NBA games. He spent most of the season with the Erie Bayhawks of the NBA Development League.
Smith had a stint overseas in Kosovo and is originally from New Jersey.
All minor basketball players are invited to attend Sunday's Mill Rats home game for just $5 with the special voucher above. The voucher is also valid for their coaches and parents to get in for just $10.
The Mill Rats face the #1 ranked Halifax Hurricanes on Sunday at 4PM at Harbour Station.
Images from this story
Chris Smith with the New York Knicks
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 27, 2016
- Lightning Trade Posthumus, Add Evans & Kibi - London Lightning
- Mill Rats Add Ex-NY Knick Chris Smith - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Riptide Stories
- Saint John Riptide Season Ticket Member Only Prize Draws Start Monday
- Saint John Riptide Season Ticket Packages Available Now
- Riptide Defeat Moncton to Force Game 4 Saturday Night
- The Battle of 506 Continues Tonight at Harbour Station
- The Battle of 506 Continues Thursday Night