Max McCormick Signs a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
BINGHAMTON, NY - The Ottawa Senators announced have signed forward Max McCormick to a one-year, two-way contract. The contract will carry an annual value of $650,000 in the National Hockey League and $72,500 in the American Hockey League.
The De Pere, WI native appeared in 57 games for the Binghamton Senators last season, setting new career highs in goals (15), assists (15), points (30) and penalty minutes (143). In 119 AHL games, the 24-year-old has registered 50 points (25 goals, 25 assists) and 276 penalty minutes.
McCormick was recalled to the NHL and recorded his first career NHL goal on January 7. In 20 NHL games with the Ottawa Senators, McCormick has registered four points (two goals, two assists) and 37 penalty minutes.
Prior to joining to professional ranks, McCormick spent three seasons with the Ohio State Buckeyes. He recorded 88 points (36 goals, 52 assists) and 97 penalty minutes in 94 career collegiate contests.
Images from this story
Max McCormick with the Binghamton Senators
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 1, 2016
- Predators Sign Irwin to Two-Way Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chad Nehring Signs One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Canucks Sign Two Calder Cup Champions in Free Agency - Utica Comets
- Red Wings Sign Trio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Max McCormick Signs a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs Tender Eight Qualifying Offers - Ontario Reign
- Casey Bailey Signs a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Ottawa Inks Phil Varone to One-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- AHL All-Star, Michael Kostka, Re-Signs with Ottawa - Binghamton Senators
- Moose Sign Five Players - Manitoba Moose
- Canes Announce AHL Coaching Staff Additions - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.