Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford
Hartford Athletic announced today that the 2020 Match for a Cause raised $19,580 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford. Stanley Black & Decker, the presenting partner of the Match for a Cause for a second consecutive year, fully matched the donations raised by Hartford Athletic.
"We are so proud to have raised over $19,000 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford," said Jordan Charlupski, Hartford Athletic Vice President of Revenue and Strategic Initiatives. "Our fans continue to go above and beyond in their support of our Club and our community, and this initiative once again shows why we have the best fans and partners in the world."
Hartford Athletic wore a special red kit, which featured the Boys & Girls Club logo, in coordination with United Nations Global Goal Number 4: Quality Youth Education. Each player issued jersey was autographed and auctioned online, as were other Hartford Athletic experiences.
"As an extraordinary community partner of our Clubs, we are honored to have been named the beneficiary of the Hartford Athletic Match for a Cause this year and so grateful for the generous match of all proceeds by Stanley Black & Decker," said Samuel S. Gray, Jr., President & CEO of BGCH. "During these challenging times, our Clubs play an even more vital role than ever in supporting the social, emotional and academic needs of our young people, including help with meeting basic needs."
"This year's charity match was incredibly impactful given the current environment, "said Stanley Black & Decker's Director of Public Affairs, Abigail Dreher. "COVID-19 has created significant challenges for parents and families as they navigate the back-to-school landscape. We're honored to have partnered with Hartford Athletic to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford in their critical virtual education efforts, which is why we proudly doubled the match this year in support of our communities."
The match, which took place on September 23rd, ended in a 1-1 draw with Philadelphia Union II. Last season, Hartford defeated Loudoun United FC 5-1 in the first ever Match For A Cause while wearing Orange kits in support of United Nations Global Goal Number 5: Gender Equality.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 19, 2020
- USL Championship: Conference Final Matchups, Broadcast Times and Hosting Scenarios - USL
- Hartford Athletic: 5 Takeaways from the USL Championship Club's 2020 Season - Hartford Athletic
- Charlotte Independence and Heal Charlotte Team up to Host Second Community Clinic - Charlotte Independence
- Charlotte Independence Soccer Club Regional Alignment for Inaugural USL Academy League Set to be Announced - Charlotte Independence
- Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford - Hartford Athletic
- Eastern Conference Final's Kickoff Time Adjusted - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- The Roundup: Fans' Choice Awards
- Hartford Athletic 2020 Season Community Wrap Up
- Hartford Athletic: 5 Takeaways from the USL Championship Club's 2020 Season
- Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford
- Saint Louis Goal at the Death Downs Hartford 1-0