Marshals Split Doubleheader With Strykers
Last night, the Texas Marshals hosted the Woodlands Strykers at Graham Field in Plano. The teams played a doubleheader, each scheduled for seven innings. The Marshals won the first game by a score of 2-1, and the Strykers won game two by a score of 6-0.
In the bottom of the sixth inning of game one, the Marshals scored two runs (Matthew Lillard and Ryan Sloma) to take the 2-1 lead which, ultimately, was the final score. Keaton Brewer earned the victory, going all seven innings and giving up one run (earned) while striking out two. Nolan Holland earned the loss, going 5-1/3 innings with both runs credited to him (earned) and striking out four.
The Strykers and Marshals were tied in game two until the seventh inning. A leadoff double started a six-run top of the seventh inning, with all six runs coming off of Landon Holifield. Chris Cooper earned the complete game shutout victory, allowing just one hit over the seven innings.
The Marshals go on the road tonight to start a two-game series against the Acadiana Cane Cutters. First pitch tonight from Fabacher Field is 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 31, 2015
- 9 In A Row! - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- July 31 Doubleheader Cancelled - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Social Media Night Means Free Tickets for Sunday - East Texas PumpJacks
- Doubleheader Tonight - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Wild Throw In Bottom Of 10th Inning Helps Cane Cutters Defeat Marshals 5-4 - Texas Marshals
- Marshals Split Doubleheader With Strykers - Texas Marshals
- Jacks Fight Back, Walk off with Thrilling 6-5 Victory - East Texas PumpJacks
- Crazy 8's for Cane Cutters - Acadiana Cane Cutters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.