Marshals Hold On To Defeat Cane Cutters 8-6
Last night the Texas Marshals had a lead of 8-2 going into the bottom of the 8th inning against the Acadiana Cane Cutters. Acadiana scored four runs in the bottom of the inning, but it was not enough as the Marshals held on to win by a final score of 8-6.
Here is the box score from last night's game:
Connor Comacho earned the victory, going six innings and giving up just two runs (earned) and recording five strikeouts. Mitchell Andrews led the Marshals offense, going 2-for-4 with 3 RBI.
Tonight the same two teams finish the two-game series at Fababcher Field. Game time is 7:00 pm.
Tomorrow night, Thursday July 23, the Marshals return home to start a two-game series against the Victoria Generals.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 22, 2015
- Bombers Split Series against Pump Jacks - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Cane Cutters Bounce Back - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Marshals Hold On To Defeat Cane Cutters 8-6 - Texas Marshals
- Jacks Fall 7-4, Go for a Series Split Wednesday on College Night - East Texas PumpJacks
- Cane Cutters Dropped by Marshalls - Acadiana Cane Cutters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.