Magicians' Top Prospects Showcase their Talents
Last week at the North American Hockey League's, Top Prospects Showcase, six players from the Minnesota Magicians were represented in Attleboro, Massachusetts. The two-day Top Prospects event welcomes the NAHL's best-uncommitted players to be watched by over 230 scouts. Only those without an NCAA commitment are allowed to play, except for the players on the selects teams.
The players who participated in the tournament were forwards Matthew Stanton, Carter Breitenfeldt and defensemen Moritz Wirth and Dawson Klein. All represented the Midwest team. Forward Jake Hale and goaltender Ethan Haider both earned spots on the NAHL Selects Red team and the NAHL Selects Blue team, respectively.
Head Coach, A.J. Bucchino severed as the head coach of the Midwest team. A.J. was impressed by the performance and confidence of the Magicians players throughout the tournament. "I was very happy with the performances by our players. We had guys who put themselves on the score sheet and others who contributed in other areas of the game."
Haider earned back-to-back shutouts with 45 total saves. Hale and Stanton both earned a goal and Klein with an assist.
Written by Rachel Bucchino
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2019
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Bobcats Add Forward Warnert for Stretch Run - Bismarck Bobcats
- Knights Tender Weisgram - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Jackalops Sign F Aeden Drossos to Tender - Odessa Jackalopes
- Magicians' Top Prospects Showcase their Talents - Minnesota Magicians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.