Maddie Bishop Becomes Fifth Connecticut Draft Pick from 2020 to Join the Whale Roster
DANBURY, CT -Â After selecting her with a fifth round pick in the 2020 NWHL Draft, the Connecticut Whale have now signed Sacred Heart captain Maddie Bishop for the upcoming season. In 2019-20, Bishop was second on Sacred Heart in scoring with 11 goals and a team-high 19 assists for 30 points in 32 games.
"Maddie had an outstanding career, helping our team achieve a lot of success over these last four years," said Sacred Heart head coach Thomas O'Malley. "Knowing Maddie, she will take her passion, determination and high-skill game to the next level and become an important player for the Whale. I look forward to watching the beginning of her professional hockey career."
Bishop, a forward from Wethersfield, Conn., scored 33 goals and had 58 assists for 91 points in 126 games over her four-year career at Sacred Heart from 2016 until her graduation earlier this year. In Bishop's sophomore season in 2017-18, Sacred Heart won the championship of the New England Women's Hockey Alliance.
By finalizing a contract with Bishop, the Whale have signed five of their six selections in the 2020 NWHL Draft. The others were Kayla Friesen (Clarkson), Tori Howran (New Hampshire), Amanda Conway (Norwich), and Nicole Guagliardo (Adrian).
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from August 14, 2020
- Maddie Bishop Becomes Fifth Connecticut Draft Pick from 2020 to Join the Whale Roster - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Whale Stories
- Amy Scheer Named GM of the Connecticut Whale
- Maddie Bishop Becomes Fifth Connecticut Draft Pick from 2020 to Join the Whale Roster
- Original NWHLer Jordan Brickner Becomes 100th Player to Sign Contract for League's Sixth Season
- Janine Weber Returns to the CT Whale, Aims to Play for Team Austria at Olympic Qualifiers
- Grace Klienbach, Sarah Schwenzfeier and Laurel Hill Re-Sign with Whale