Losing Streak Continues in Return Home
Isaiah Fox scored a highlight-reel overtime goal to give the visiting Nordiques a 2-1 win over the Brown Bears, who saw their losing streak hit six straight games. Things were going the Brown Bears way in the 1st period as a goal from Brandon Lajoie put the home side ahead, 1-0. Maine tied the game in the 2nd period with a strike from Ignat Belov. In the overtime, Fox went coast-to-coast and put home a one-handed wrap-around attempt for the game-winner. Nordiques goalie Wes Mankowski made 35 saves in the win, while Danny Fraga made 41 saves in the loss.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2020
- Newest Game at the Outpost Lets You Play for the Ice Wolves - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Pilots Score Six, Sweep Jackalopes with 6-1 Victory - Topeka Pilots
- Brahma Forward Joey Baez Commits to Army Black Knights - Lone Star Brahmas
- Byers Hat Trick Settles Blizzard - Aberdeen Wings
- Titans Win 6-4 in Seesaw Battle with Generals to Sweep Weekend Series - New Jersey Titans
- Losing Streak Continues in Return Home - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Jackalopes Swept in Topeka - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.