Lauren Kelly Becomes 5th D to Sign with Boston Pride
Saying her first year in the NWHL "was an amazing experience and exceeded all of my expectations," Lauren Kelly has re-signed with the Boston Pride. Kelly is the fifth defender to sign a contract with Boston for next season, joining Lexi Bender, Kaleigh Fratkin, Mallory Souliotis, and rookie Jenna Rheault.
"I'm looking forward to building on what I learned as a player and as a teammate last year and applying it to this season," said Kelly. "I'm super excited about the players who have already signed with the team. I know it's going to be a great group of girls working together to bring the Isobel Cup back to Boston."
Kelly was part of one of the league's stingiest defenses in 2018-19, as the Pride allowed just over two goals per game.
"The Pride are really happy to have Lauren Kelly back," said Boston head coach Paul Mara. "She's very solid on D and has a huge shot. With her work habits, she's going to take another big step forward in her pro career."
Prior to joining the Pride, the Watertown, Massachusetts, played 140 games at Northeastern, recording 64 points (25-39-64). In her final season, she was named to the All-Hockey East Second Team and the All-Tournament Team.
"Last year I grew as a person and a player," said Kelly. "I hope to take the knowledge I gained from the coaching staff and improve more and more."
Kelly is an EMT and is working towards becoming a police officer.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Lauren Kelly Becomes 5th D to Sign with Boston Pride - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Briana Mastel Is Back to Take Care of Unfinished Business' with the Boston Pride
- Boston Pride's NWHL Title Banners Join City's Other Champions in Logan Airport Display
- Boston Inks Clarkson D Taylor Turnquist, as Pride Goes 6-For-6 in Signing 2020 NWHL Draft Picks
- Northeastern Captain Paige Capistran Joins the Defense of the Boston Pride
- Goaltender Victoria Hanson Re-Signed by the Boston Pride