Lauren Chamberlain Extends Contract with USSSA Pride
Viera, FL - Lauren Chamberlain, the 2015 first overall draft pick for the USSSA Pride, has renewed a one-year contract with the USSSA Pride for the 2018 season. Chamberlain is the reigning NCAA homerun record holder (95) and one of the most recognized faces and personalities in fastpitch.
Lauren has been on the Pride for three seasons; spending most of her time in the designated hitter position due to shoulder injury. Throughout the last three seasons with the Pride, Chamberlain posted 75 total hits, 43 RBI, 22 homeruns and a .220 batting average.
Chamberlain said, "I am extremely excited about continuing my playing career with the Pride. I feel a strong bond between the players, staff, ownership, the fans and most importantly myself. This organization is world class from top to bottom and I can't think of a group I'd rather be with."
Megan Willis, the assistant General Manager of the USSSA Pride said, "Being able to lock in Lo for another season with the Pride is huge for us! Not only does she bring a big bat, but her leadership on and off of the field is invaluable."
The USSSA Pride will open the 2018 season in Palm Springs, CA at the Mary Nutter Classic next weekend where Chamberlain and the team will face the Japan National team three times and Oregon State once.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from February 14, 2018
- Lauren Chamberlain Extends Contract with USSSA Pride - USSSA Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent USSSA Pride Stories
- All NPF Sahvanna Jaquish Signs 2 Year Deal with USSSA Pride
- Shelby Pendley Re-Signs with USSSA Pride for 2018 Season
- Kelsey Nunley and Kirsti Merritt Extend Contracts with USSSA Pride
- Lauren Chamberlain Extends Contract with USSSA Pride
- USSSA Pride - Pride Slug Their Way Through Rout of Bandits